French junior minister misquoted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of Sarkozy's junior ministers is apparently in a spot of bother re the delicate Beijing Olympics ceremonial attendance/Chinese machine gunning of unarmed protesters interface. Apparently she is maintaining that Le Monde have "misquoted" her.

Her name is Rama Yade - and here she is being interviewed last year on French telly.

Hovering dangerously on the brink of the abyss of "witless sexism" which we've all been warned about, I would suggest that she was wrongly omitted from the "Hot Politicians" thread on the old board.

What did she say?

I agree on her hotness, anyway.

Comment

She was quoted as saying that France had established a series of conditions that China had to meet in order for them to be graced with Sarko's presence at the opening ceremonies.

My guess is that Yade was used to float a trial balloon, and that a very negative reaction from the trade ministry and business groups caused Sarko to bring the balloon down right away. He is known for not even hesitating to throw his ministers under the bus if he thinks doing so will improve his personal position.

Soames, who did you used to be?

Comment

Bartok

Comment

Working...
        X