OTF Weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTF Weirdness

OK, right, so there's this techie thing I don't understand about the new OTF (at least I never noticed it happen on the old board).

The other day I started a thread on Music called, rather uncharitably, Worst Band Promo Photo and if I go over to the Music forum now, that's what I see. However, on the actual OTF homepage, it appears as if the thread is actually named Stoneheart (which is the name of the band whose photo triggered this whole sorry story). What gives?

OTF Weirdness

When people reply to a post, they have the opportunity to, effectively, change the thread title at the same time by modifying what's in the 'subject' line above each post.

The 'But he/she was wearing...' thread that I started, the other week, particularly suffered from this because one or two people just blanked the 'subject' field, rendering the thread temporarily title-less. The further problem is that when someone replies to the 'modifed title' posting, that same modified title is applied to the whole thread again!

It can really fuck your thread up for you!

Comment

OTF Weirdness

OK, thanks Clive, somewhat stupidly I hadn't taken that on board at all. Now Saucy Tramp has responded it seems to have resolved itself anyway.

Comment

OTF Weirdness

no worries.

Comment

OTF Weirdness

It used to be an EZ Board tradition to re-title every single post one contributed. Actually, I think you had to, or something.

Comment

OTF Weirdness

G.Man wants a hyphen wrote:
            It used to be an EZ Board tradition to re-title every single post one contributed. Actually, I think you had to, or something.
            Doesn't sound so 'E-Z' to me!

Comment

Working...
            X