Question for OTF's cat lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do with the, er, little "friends" they tend to bring in with them, if they're mousers, when the little bastard things start bouncing around your house for fun?

I'm talking about these "bastards", not the cats -

and despite every attempt at de-flea-ing Wellington (sprays, powders, collars) it's obvious that the little things have infested certain carpets in my house where he likes to sleep, and it's becoming a real, well, "pest". Like when you walk past, you suddenly get the feeling that something's on your leg, and you look down and lo and behold there's a fucking flea on your leg.

Is there are an OTF recommended product that just blitzes these little bastards out of the carpets they're hiding in? Hoovering on its own ain't doing the trick.

Man, get frontline from the vets. No other flea remedy works, but this stuff is magic. Essential.

Comment

Got him frontlined. He's now immune. Prowls around like nothing can touch him.

It's the fleas he's left behind him (jumping off him, no doubt, because he's been frontlined) that are bothering me. Is there a frontline equivalent for flea-infested carpets?

Comment

I got some spray can stuff. But if the fleas have nowt to live on, they'll die soon enough, surely?

Comment

I think that's how it works. Give it a couple of days, and they'll die off.

Comment

If there were any animals left in my garden apart from fucking cats, they'd recommend a big bag, a brick and a canal.

Comment

Program really works for my Hobbes. It's an injection every six months, and it means that fleas who bite him become infertile and their eggs won't hatch. I also stick an Advantage on him in summer months because obv it takes a few days for the adults to die but in general I find it has worked very well all his life.

Comment

You don't really need to treat your rugs if you use Frontline (or similar) on the cat. It makes the fleas sterile, so they can't reproduce. Once the current crop of adults are killed off, no more flea problem.

edit: Or what Lyra said.

Comment

Don't mean to be patronizing, but have you vacuumed?

Comment

Hoovering on its own ain't doing the trick

Comment

Well, maybe if he tries Dysoning or Electroluxing.

Comment

Heh...and they say nobody watches ads any more.

Comment

Rogin
                          we had the same problem a couple of years ago, went away for a fortnight and came back and front room carpet was crawling with the gits. We went to local pet store and they recommended using this type of product

Took two of them to wipe the little bastards out completelely, this works very well if you have a lot of electrical equipment around as you don't have to cover it up.

Comment

If there were any animals left in my garden apart from fucking cats, they'd recommend a big bag, a brick and a canal.
                            But wouldn't it be really difficult getting the fleas into the big bag in the first place?

Comment

Working...
                            X