So, St Petersburg then.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, St Petersburg then.

Was at Trailfinders today getting my visa sorted. Fly out on 20/10, back 23/10. Apart from just losing myself in the Hermitage for all that time, what else should I make a beeline for?

So, St Petersburg then.

Russian Ark, old boy. Don't forget.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

I lost my virginity in St Petersburg. There's my fact for the evening.

Apart from that and the Hermitage (though the two weren't connected), I don't remember a lot about it.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

If you're ever in the other St Petersburg, the Salvadore Dali Museum is worth a look. As is Ybor City in the evening.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

Check the SKA and Zenit fixture lists.

You'll miss me by 9 days, lucky you.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

Walk up and down Nevsky Prospekt, and lose yourself among the canals.

Try to see the Kirov if they are in town, but anything musical is going to be first rate.

And you can never get too much of the Hermitage.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

I'm pretty sure Zenit are playing in the CL when I'm there.

I'm staying on Nevsky Prospekt ua.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

I am once again officially jealous.

If you have an interest in Doestoevsky, you should visit his flat (which is now a museum). It brings home his bourgeois side better than anything I've ever read.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

what else should I make a beeline for?
                  The bank.

I can see now why you were so keen to scrimp and save on your Indian Anabasis.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

Supergrass - St Petersburg

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

I was just looking on the Zenit website. These are the rules for spectators:

It is forbidden:
                      1. to come to the stadium in a state of intoxication,
                      2. to bring weapons, flammable items, explosives, poisonous or excessively odorous items, sharp objects, suitcases, briefcases, large-size packages or bags, glass items, and any other objects that may disturb other fans or interrupt the normal course of the event.
                      3. to throw any objects onto the stalls or the field, or any other actions distributing order during the event.
                      4. to enter the field, players’ changing rooms, referee office, or any other staff-only premises without management permission.
                      5. to inscribe or display signs or other symbolism inciting racial, social or ethnic hatred, or offending other fans or event participants.

"...excessively odorous items..." Fantastic!

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

How do I load any pictures I've taken? Photoshop just crates a C drive file when I try to copy and past into the reply box?

St Petersburg is like all the best bits of Venice, Prague and Berlin rolled into one big shabby, glorious, imperial, beguling and breathtaking ball. I fell in love with it over and over again.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

twohundredpercent wrote:
                          I lost my virginity in St Petersburg. There's my fact for the evening.

Apart from that and the Hermitage (though the two weren't connected), I don't remember a lot about it.
                          WOW 200, that is the singularly most cool thing I have learned today.

(I lost mine on the beach in Boulogne-sur-mer, but thats an entirely different story)

May I reiterate: WOW. You have just overtaken Lodz as my hero.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

GT, so was that where you were when I texted ya last night?

For the pics, go to flickr, start an account, load them there and then, link to the pictures using the Img tab above with the properties from the flickr picture inbetween them.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

*sad, unsmiley thing* to gero

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

ocksboll, Lodz. you secretly know you are my hero.

Is there an unsmiley winky thing?

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

When I saw Zenit play CSKA, at the ticket office, instead of using those extendible rope things to organise the queues, they just had lines of soldiers.

Obvious tourist highlights beyond the Hermitage are Palace Square and its environs, mostly designed by Rossi, the Peter and Paul Fortress and St Isaac's cathedral. Also the bronze horseman, if you're into your Russian poetry. If you get the chance, take a train to Pushkin and see the Summer Palace. It's about an hour outside of St Petersburg as I recall.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

Oh, and if you're into two headed dogs and the like, there's a museum with loads of freakish things that were collected by the tsars.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

Tried posting a picture. Will try what you said Villain. I was at Heathrow on my way back, so completely missed the game.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

[IMG]2971306189_718fe8cd0c_m.jpg[/IMG]

All I'm getting is a red cross in a box Villain.

Comment

So, St Petersburg then.

Comment

Working...
                                          X