Rocky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky

Speaking as an unscrupulous marketer, they probably count a package as 100 individual biscuits (or whatever the per-package count is). Then you only need to make and sell 40,000 packages a week for it to be true. Now, there are roughly 60,000,000 of you(z) people on that island...continent...whatever, so I'd say they're likely telling the truth.

Comment

Rocky

I loved United bars as a kid but they were clearly not very good because I have no recollection, at all, of what they were like, but vaguely think they were a bit like the poor-man's Penguin.
      They were biscuit with (i think) 3 chunks, covered in chocolate with a raised area on top (thus forming the chunks.) The chocolate in this raised area was cut with tiny bits of something like honeycomb.
      They also (if I remember rightly) had a dimpled top, rather like golf ball, only flat.
      They were especially good when you got one that didn't have any biscuit and was just chocolate stuff all the way through. Didn't happen often though.

Comment

Rocky

Tunnocks is/are not generally sold south of ... Manchester?

(Not sure about that at all)

Comment

Rocky

Well then clearly there's a market to be exploited for a young go-getter such as yourself.

Comment

Rocky

gerontophile wrote:
            Tunnocks is/are not generally sold south of ... Manchester?

(Not sure about that at all)
            They bloody well are. We were eating them in our middle class Surrey swank palace when I was a lad and you can even buy them in St Albans.

Comment

Rocky

Andy C wrote:
              Vey nice, everybody, I'm sure.

The important issue, though, is surely that they've reintroduced the Plain Chocolate Hob Nob and I was not informed about this development until now.
              Now, I cleary remember a certain OTFer who shan't be named lamenting that plain chocolate hobnobs had disappearred.

A few months back, I saw them in the shops for the first time in years. I told said OTFer (on that there 40% site) and she basically called me a loon, and told me they'd never been away. I felt a fool.

Had I known I'd been RIGHT all along, I'd have spread the good word over here too, so don't blame me, Andy. Blame Lyra.

Comment

Rocky

thats what you get for two timing.

and Egg: Thanks for quoting all... its been a while since I ventured up to St Albans (from living in Tottenham and the ex's family living there).

Perhaps Tunnocks werent in every shop? (straw clutching of course)

Comment

Rocky

I'm a Tunnocks fan as well, I bought a big pack the other day, it's in the car, a good snack just before one of my evening hikes. Their teacake is nice but I grew up in Switzderland and therefore I favour Perrier's "Tete au choco" which was called differently in my days, see here

Comment

Rocky

Harri Saer wrote:
                    gerontophile wrote:
                    This Caramel Rocky is a climber. It has aspirations to be a Trio, but just doesnt cut it.
                    It's more of a poor man's Millionaire's Shortbread (would that make it an Average Salary Man's Shortbread) isn't it?
                    Funny you should say that - I was about to big up Fox's Millionaire's Shortcake, which is as pleasurable as heroin, but without the social stigma.

Comment

Rocky

I'm feeling very let down.

Comment

Rocky

We had Tunnocks bars at home when I was growing up, both in London (they are forever associated in my brain with the VG shop in Main Avenue, Bush Hill Park) and in St Albans. My mum used to keep them in the fridge, which gave them the constitution of RSJs.

Comment

Working...
                        X