Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...any big plans for the shutdown/upgrade furlough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Why can't a "chickpea, tomato, and spinach curry" as EIM mentioned be a curry in the way you understand it. I'm 95%sure he'll have meant a dish using South Asian spice blend such as you might find in an Indian restaurant.
    ​​​​​​
    We do use curry to mean certain dishes that come from (or are strongly influenced by) certain Asian countries (South Asia but also Thai, Malaysian even Japanese )

Gulyás /Goulash is not a curry and nobody would refer to it as such
    I'm learning here.
    I'm not in a position to tell you anything about curry in England.
    Was only a bit confusing there for a moment, what actually "I had a curry", what that might be in England. That's all.
    Probably uncertain what English people mean with curry because curry in itself is like the broadest thing on earth. It's not like salt, ginger or cilantro, being one thing. Curry is mix and can be basically anything as long as it involves turmeric.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

followed by a full blown bout of racism / sexism / homophobia / islamophobia
      Did you really cover everything there? I'm sure you can come up with a couple more things if you focus with your pointing finger another minute. It's really not up to your own standrads coming with only four. I bet you can come up with at least three more. How about Maoriphobia? You missed that one.

Comment

and we'll not ban him once again.
        I'd actually not give much of a shit if it happened. But who's the greater prick here now between the two of us? It's far from the first time you're fishing for a ban of me. Grow the fuck up. What are you? 11 years? "I won't play if he's playing" territory.

Comment

Snake, you can ban me. Send a special diploma to WOM after. One with unicorns, golden stars and the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
            But who's the greater prick here now between the two of us?
            I'm going to still suggest that it's you. You've earned it. For some reason you're drawn to posting about race, gender, ethnicity and religion, and you're really, really shit at doing so. So stop fucking doing it. Whatever issue you're trying to 'work out', stop fucking doing it here. You're fucking offensive. And the pattern is so unerringly predictable as to be pathetic.

Page 1 of this very thread..."ooo...I'm a white supremacist....I'm not black so I must be...I'll apologize for all my ancestors...". What the actual fuck? What's your game?

It's far from the first time you're fishing for a ban of me.
            And it sure as hell won't be the last. Stop with the race / religion / ethnicity baiting and I won't bother with you. But slip into your usual, predictable and all-too-inevitable shit and I will loudly and vigorously petition for your banning. It should have happened about three flounces ago. Much better people have been banned for far fucking less. Frankly, I'm a bit ashamed of myself for not doing it already, or at the very least resigning in protest of you.

Comment

I'm going to still suggest that it's you. You've earned it. For some reason you're drawn to posting about race, gender, ethnicity and religion, and you're really, really shit at doing so. So stop fucking doing it. Whatever issue you're trying to 'work out', stop fucking doing it here. You're fucking offensive. And the pattern is so unerringly predictable as to be pathetic.

Page 1 of this very thread..."ooo...I'm a white supremacist....I'm not black so I must be...I'll apologize for all my ancestors...". What the actual fuck? What's your game?

And it sure as hell won't be the last. Stop with the race / religion / ethnicity baiting and I won't bother with you. But slip into your usual, predictable and all-too-inevitable shit and I will loudly and vigorously petition for your banning. It should have happened about three flounces ago. Much better people have been banned for far fucking less. Frankly, I'm a bit ashamed of myself for not doing it already, or at the very least resigning in protest of you.
              There actually is an "Ignore User" function now since the upgrade, loth though I am to ever use it.

Comment

It's tempting. It really is. But if you get a fucking loudmouth racist in your local, you don't ignore him. You let him know that this isn't the place for his shit. And if that fails, you punch him hard in the face. And then you throw him out the front door and ban him.

Comment

Ignore poster is even better now. it used to be it showed the person had posted and gave you an option to see it. Now it creates weird vacuums in threads where you can't see the posts at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                    Nothing more than appreciation and a warm inner glow. (You shouldn’t be able to see who gave them.)
                    Thanks. And for your work in sorting all this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                      So what do 'likes' actually do? I've never done Facebook or any of the others so it's a bit alien to me. Is it simply a show of appreciation, and a warm feeling to the likee?
                      I consider it a way of acknowledging that I read a post without creating another post just to say so, although I do think that it might be less useful if you can't see who the likes are from. I still like the idea, because sometimes you post and you really don't know if anyone has read it if they don't reply. But I know that's probably just me and my basic insecurity.

Comment

Yeah, that bit about I being a white supremacist was TG being a moron here and going out of his depth to tar everyone as a racist, even Nocturnal, for fuck's sake. So I said that I must be one in his eyes, as well, because of the simple reason I asm not black.

But I hear you.

I have no problems staying away from here. You can just say so.But don't be a bloody bastard about it. All you have to do is ask, not be Stalin on the entire thing. And if you want to be a fucking liar, be so.
                        Now, fuck off!
                        Last edited by Pietro Paolo Virdis; 10-01-2019, 20:27.

Comment

I didn't say 'stay away', ya thick fuck. I said stop with the race / ethnicity / religion baiting. Just...you know...avoid that whole topic. It's a fucking minefield, and you're not that good a tap dancer.

Comment

Now I’m going to be upset if I don’t get any likes, ever. But it’s all a step up from being called a binbag of rotting yoghurt and I’m a strong woman yeh who don’t need your validation. <sniff>

Comment

Need any worms for your hook, MsD?

Comment

The ignore poster thing does work, but if y'all are going to keep quoting ignored poster in your posts, it doesn't really do me any good to ignore said poster. Just sayin'.

Comment

Comment

That unicorn has got very suggestive legs.

Comment

That can't be unseen

Comment

Working...
                                      X