Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things that make you cry out of joy and sadness all at the same time

You've all seen it

Mrs. S lived across the road from the family when she was growing up, amazing story.

Comment

I've seen the moment when they meet a number of times previously, when the short clip was circulating social media. Watched the half hour interview with him yesterday. Indeed amazing.

I don’t know about the rest of the world but in Sweden, there’s somewhat of an obsession with Hitler in Swedish national public media. There’s constantly a series about Hitler running. Hitler and his film makers, Hitler and his mistresses, Hitler and his bicycles. Hitler, Hitler, Hitler. If you do a search on SVT (Swedish BBC) Play where you can watch online and check out archived stuff, a search for Hitler gives a handful of hits, without fail.

Absolutely not that I think they should stop showing this part of history but it would be nice to alternate every so often with something about the heroes during that period, because there were quite a lot of heroes. Instead of focusing on the villains constantly and only, they could pick one of the thousand stories about the good guys.

It’s embarrassing, for instance, that I first learned about Alan Turing only once the movie with Cumberbatch was out.

Or Albert Göring, Hermann’s brother, that’s quite an amazing story I’m amazed no one’s done a film about.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_G%C3%B6ring

And that's only two, of the thousands lesser known.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
        Mrs. S lived across the road from the family when she was growing up, amazing story.
        Yes, my mum's family knew them and one of my uncles was good friends with a son. It seems to be entirely true that he was a well liked member of the local community but that no-one knew about his saving the children until the story was retold many years later.

Comment

Working...
        X