X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brenda calls Michael Palin a cunt.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46700430

John Redwood knighted.

Ps after sweating on the secret for weeks, I can proudly confirm not one but two baubles- I'm joining Seanad Eireann's Angry Culchie panel as the token diasporan, and also the House of Lords (Baron Yahoo of Lilliput). All titles should include a mild abuse for political opponents plus the street where you played as a child

Comment

Lord Centrist of Avoca

Comment

Fella I used to work with has been announced for an MBE, for his charity work. It's not sort of thing I'd welcome myself, but I'm pleased for him.

Comment

Pure sh*te, end of.

More feudal cap doffing.

Comment

I don't really understand most of what DG's post means, and I'm worried that some of it might be true.

Comment

Is it the concept of an honours system to which you object, or the fatuous trappings of empire which encase it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                I don't really understand most of what DG's post means, and I'm worried that some of it might be true
                Sorry about that

Lilliput Street is real- Ken Branagh, Carl Frampton, Jimmy Galway and I lived in neighboring streets as kids. When Swift's cottage was on the site it was a field a mile out of town.

I do have an acquaintance/ colleague in the HoL, Baroness Mouselcoomb (nee Jenny Jones). At the last Party Conference, she chided me for jumping the queue at registration- it seems that past membership of the organising committee trumps anything Ruritanian...

As for our Southern friends- I'm already a member of Comhantas Glas (Green Party in Ireland) and should get a passport soon, so why not?

Comment

"Thought i might have been in line for some little... trinket. Knight of the bath, maybe"

"You never have one!"

Comment

If anyone deserves it, Michael Palin does, but it’s all a bit silly.

Nobody should get knighted unless they actually can swing a big sword while riding a horse and are prepared to die a grisly death in glorious battle to defend the realm.

Comment

The only noteworthy thing about the whole Honours System irrelevance is that they have delayed all awards associated with those involved in the rescue at Grenfell until after the Inquiry.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                        If anyone deserves it, Michael Palin does, but it’s all a bit silly.

Nobody should get knighted unless they actually can swing a big sword while riding a horse and are prepared to die a grisly death in glorious battle to defend the realm.
                        I guarantee John Redwood sees himself just like that.

Comment

Then he should have to prove it on the tournament field.

Comment

I can't see why Michael Palin deserves one at all.

Comment

He should have got one in 1979 for Barnestoneworth.

Comment

If he doesn't say, "Ni!" I will be sorely disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X