Anak Krakatau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anak Krakatau

At least 222 dead following the tsunami which was triggered by the landslide.

Still erupting, and still more risk of landslide and tsunamis.

There'll be lots of tragic stories. One of them is the Indonesian rock band Seventeen, which was performing live on stage when the tsunami swept them into the sea. Three of the four members are dead or missing, as is the girlfriend of the surviving member. I think around 22 members of the audience at the private concert were killed.

Comment

Poor bloody Indonesia. That's an earthquake, a tsunami and a combination of the two in the last 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
        There'll be lots of tragic stories. One of them is the Indonesian rock band Seventeen, which was performing live on stage when the tsunami swept them into the sea. Three of the four members are dead or missing, as is the girlfriend of the surviving member. I think around 22 members of the audience at the private concert were killed.
        Our local network showed footage of that happening, and I turned off in disgust. I'm sure there would be more care taken in showing similar tragedies in (broadly) the "West". We get warnings ("some viewers may find this disturbing") for a police dog getting wounded on duty. Not for anonymous Indonesians.

Anyway, it's all horribly sad.

Comment

And it bloody well is West of Java.

Comment

Dreadful. I feel for those poor people. What tee rex said.

I'm told that Krakatoa is overdue for a major event. Much worse than this.

Comment

Vulcan is angry We should sacrifice the local leaders to appease him. So in you go Beppe and Matteo. It's for the best.

Comment

I've always liked your style, TAB

Comment

We only got a very thin veneer of christianity over here..... like sicily I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                  X