No announcement yet.

Terrorism News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notable reminder in this report of "legislation introduced in 2007 was clear that those who had served sentences of more than a year should be deported". I'd be interested in which Labour MPs voted in favour of this legislation at the time.
    Campaigners condemn ‘ad hoc’ system under which 29 people were expelled from UK but others allowed to stay at last minute

Comment

I think the legislation is the UK Borders Act (2007) which I don't think was very controversial at the time. Can't find the records of who voted for it though.

Comment

Yes, it is Section 32 of that Act, but the vote on the Act itself is very difficult to find.

Comment

I think the real problem is deporting people who came here as children. I can't see any defence for that. There is at least some justification for those who have come here as adults, though discretion should be widely employed.

Comment

I'm not sure if this the right thread to post this, but something struck me earlier and I wanted to share it to see if it was just me. I saw a poster at a bus stop in Preston from some clearly non-right-wing extremist group, declaring among other things that if YOU are against these things ... (it listed all sorts, abortion, cuts to armed services budgets, parking charges at Preston General ...) then YOU are labelled a Right Wing Extremist! One listed was "Islamic Terrorism". Which got me to thinking. Personally I'm opposed to all forms of terrorism. I'm not worried about being labelled a right wing extremist for saying so ... unless I have to specify it's only Islamic terrorism I object to? Everyone else can carry on as before?

Comment

Working...
            X