No announcement yet.

Bushwhacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't he faceplant once? Or was that the idiot offspring?

Comment

Whenever somebody tries to slip a piece of a certain leafy green vegetable onto my plate, I always think to myself,

"Dammit, I'm President of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli!"

http://abcn.ws/1BDHukr

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
        Am I misremembering history or should he, in a just world, have gone to prison for Iran-Contra?
        Also for the massacre of thousands of deserting Iraqi conscripts and civilians on the penultimate day of the Gulf War should have landed him in the Hague.

Comment

Am I misremembering history or should he, in a just world, have gone to prison for Iran-Contra?
          You are 100% correct.
          The CIA plan to flood the inner cities with Crack Cocaine (which was developed in a Lab) to destroy a community and pay for all the off the books operations in Central and South America was Started under his watch as CIA director.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
            You are 100% correct.
            The CIA plan to flood the inner cities with Crack Cocaine (which was developed in a Lab) to destroy a community and pay for all the off the books operations in Central and South America was Started under his watch as CIA director.
            While there are some grains of truth in that statement, there's no evidence of such a grand conspiracy.

Also you don't need a lab to make crack cocaine. Richard Pryor was setting fire to himself making crack in the late 70s.

Comment

Is it just me, or does the Camp David seal look like a still from a Simpsons episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                While there are some grains of truth in that statement, there's no evidence of such a grand conspiracy.

Also you don't need a lab to make crack cocaine. Richard Pryor was setting fire to himself making crack in the late 70s.
                Yeah, that's a conspiracy theory without much evidence. The CIA allowed and facilitated the flow of coke revenue to groups it supported in Central America, but it didn't take any special effort for crack to destroy millions of lives. Old-fashioned racism, segregation, economic disparity, and basic human desperation did that.

Comment

I saw the Camp David logo before I read the comment about it looking like something out of the Simpsons.

The first thing I thought was, "Simpsons"

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                    The two main things I remember about the guy:

Saying that families should be more like the Waltons and less like the Simpsons, demonstrating how unbelievably out of touch he was. (meanwhile slick willy was playing sax on the Arsenio Hall show)

Throwing up all over the Japanese PMs lap. And in true Japanese style, the PM was absolutely honoured to have received the presidential vomit.

He certainly wasn't a man of the people, a lot of those stupid comments don't reflect his own out-of-touchness so much as the out-of-touchness of the GOP base, and he was very in-touch with them. That "Family Values" bullshit wasn't just something he came up with one day. That was a big campaign for the GOP that was clearly focus-grouped and tested among their base of scared old white people. And I'm sure it played well with the people he was addressing.

He also famously referred to Reaganomics as "voodoo economics" which, I suppose, is kinda racist. That would probably not be well-remembered if not for fellow GOP apparatchik Ben Stein teaching it to bored high school kids in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Comment

True, maybe the Simpsons thing was focus group tested.

Like Trump going on about "the cyber"

Comment

I was convinced that the Waltons not Simpsons thing was a Dan Quayle-ism. Obviously not.

Still, remember when the idea of President Quayle was the most terrifying prospect on earth. Ah, different times...

Comment

J. Danforth Quayle and 'Poppy' Bush. As they say, kinda miss the old WASPs....knew what was best for all of 'us'...

Comment

GWB also signed off on the Willie Horton race baiting campaign

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/01/polit...rnd/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post

Richard Pryor was freebasing which is a different process used to produce a smokable form of Cocaine. This was alot more volatile process hence him setting himself on fire.
                              https://americanaddictioncenters.org...ent/freebasing

CIA conspiracy

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry...ance_n_5961748

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alle...ug_trafficking

Feel free to advance the argument the CIA had no idea what was going on or were orchestrating all of this.
                              It's quite fanciful that barely literate drug dealers like freeway Ricky Ross were able to work out an easy and cheap way to make smokable cocaine using less volatile and generally available ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                Yeah, that's a conspiracy theory without much evidence. The CIA allowed and facilitated the flow of coke revenue to groups it supported in Central America, but it didn't take any special effort for crack to destroy millions of lives. Old-fashioned racism, segregation, economic disparity, and basic human desperation did that.
                                Really, so you think the raising of billions of dollars to fund their off the books campaigns (which included business deals with the US number two enemy of the time).
                                Whilst decimating the inner cites and the communities that caused the US government the biggest problems in the 50's and 60's was a lucky coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                  GWB also signed off on the Willie Horton race baiting campaign

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/01/polit...rnd/index.html
                                  I did mention this on the first page.
                                  There is also the famous new conference where he said crack cocaine was being sold outside the White House. A very interesting story and showed what a nasty piece of work he was.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                    Is it just me, or does the Camp David seal look like a still from a Simpsons episode?

Oh, come on. At least post the real thing, rather than a still from a Simpsons episode.

Comment

I believe I was more terrified by Perot.
                                      The 1992 Presidential election was pure showbiz, from what I recall. The preppy WW2 veteran versus the draft dodger versus the billionaire nut job.

Comment

Working...
                                      X