Amusing oneself at Heathrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm stuck here five times in the next two weeks. Is there anything to do out here that isn't utterly, utterly shit?

How many hours do you have? Windsor's pleasant enough and Southall quite exotic.

Comment

Frank Lampard and John Terry to thread . . .

Comment

In some of the business lounges in some of the terminals you can pay a tenner and get in - and being in there is infinitely preferable to being outside.

Comment

My next flight leaves in 3.5 hours, DG. The heady glamour of Southall may have to wait.

Any of those lounges in T3, ad hoc? I have a membership in one lounge there but as I'm taking a rival airline next the bastards won't let me in.

Comment

Not sure. Go round and ask.

Comment

Righto.

Why does your username keep showing up with the words "What is Personal Text" beneath it?

Comment

Try servisair -I'm pretty sure you can get in that one, even if you can't get in any of the others.

The personal text thing is because in the beta test version of this board when I signed up one of my options was to insert a "personal text". Which I did with the slogan you see there. Unfortunately the new board doesn't have that option, and so I can't get rid of it.

Comment

Gramsci, Naomi Campbell has some interesting ideas on this subject.

She has recently gotten to see areas of the airport not open to the general public.

Comment

Judging by today's papers, going into the Boots and asking for some Lucozade and a syringe might get me into some of those same places.

Comment

The most entertaining thing to do at Heathrow is to carry two very large bags out of the customs exit and keep walking scattering all the idiots who stop as soon as they're out of the door, but not out of your way, to make a phone call; and all the extended families who are clustering around waiting for one person to arrive making it impossible for normal people to walk out.

Other than that, getting free cocktails from the girls in the Duty Free shops is about as much entertainment as they think people should be allowed in case their adrenaline level is too high for sitting on a plane.

Comment

I tend to gamble. Get rid of all my loose change. Once, in an attempt to lose about four quid and half an hour, I ended up winning a £46 mega streak. Which was nice, but didn't help the loose change situation.

Comment

Grow a beard and start acting shifty.

Endless fun.

Comment

AG, I guess I'll not bother PM'ing you to see if we're having lunch today.

Comment

There are free cocktails in duty free? I'll definitely check that one out next time I am through.

WOM - it'll be a couple of weeks before I'm back. Sorry I didn't get in touch before leaving - it was a pretty crazy couple of weeks.

Comment

... all the extended families who are clustering around waiting for one person to arrive making it impossible for normal people to walk out.
                                Ah, yeah, those abnormal cunts.

For fuck's sake. As a reason for travel, reuniting with people you love surely trumps all others. Those of us who regularly travel "on business" should realise we're bottom rung of the ladder, and stay the fuck out of the way.

Comment

http://www.ballardian.com/heathrow-hilton

Comment

Working...
                                  X