Those police "no-go" areas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those police "no-go" areas.

Not quite where Tommy Robinson et al would have you believe nor for the reasons.

I have mentioned on here before that my brother is a cop.

A couple of weeks ago he and a colleague policed Northwest Shropshire (Oswestry and Ellesmere) on a Saturday night. Just the two of them.

Bit lively around those parts on a Saturday. High St. fights, rural crime, drugs, domestics and assisting the other 999 services. Too busy to eat, or piss. Too busy to have the time to actually 'nick' anyone.

It's a bit fucked up isn't it.

Comment

However bad things are in scotland with Justice health and education (and I’m sure they are pretty shite), the Sensible bastards saying Look to England for reforms are idiots or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
        I have mentioned on here before that my brother is a cop.

A couple of weeks ago he and a colleague policed Northwest Shropshire (Oswestry and Ellesmere) on a Saturday night. Just the two of them.

Bit lively around those parts on a Saturday. High St. fights, rural crime, drugs, domestics and assisting the other 999 services. Too busy to eat, or piss. Too busy to have the time to actually 'nick' anyone.

It's a bit fucked up isn't it.
        Fucking hell, Michael Collins had to burn down every police station to achieve the same effects as George Osborne.

Comment

Apparently similar has been occurring in Darkest North Tipp these last few years but. 1 squad car, couple of lads that never leave the station at the weekend for a smack riddled town and surrounds of about 5000.

Comment

Been hearing that Ms.May et al has been increasing police presence by umpty percent. Load of crap then?

Comment

"When I see an actual flesh-and-blood worker in conflict with his natural enemy, the policeman, I do not have to ask myself which side I am on"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...treet-13611663

Comment

Orwell was full of shit though.

Comment

I am not totally sure those were "flesh and blood workers" either. Of course, the police seem to be less the agents of the establishment now as cuts have them criticising the government regularly. Hardly enough to win over many of their detractors but an interesting change of traditional positions. Not much point in being Thatcher's boot boots if her acolytes are going to cut your money.

With his recent misadventures, Bored Jr retains the youth mistrust for the police that, to be fair, I had until I became a property owner susceptible to burglary and theft. I tried explaining to him that travelling around Britain for football, I found out that its regional police are far more different in nature and far closer to the States in this respect than I had previously realised. You have the well-known arseholes - South Yorkshire Police, Greater Manchester Police, the Met and City of London Police etc. and the more benign forces - South Wales Police, Avon & Somerset, Surry Police and, bless them, British Transport Police. Indeed, I didn't realise until I started having coppers as mates how much, for instance, Surrey Police dislike the Met.

Comment

That’s maybe the biggest problem in centralizing the Scottish forces into Police Scotland- the cuntishness of Strathclyde’s weegie bastards has become the default.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                      Surrey Police dislike the Met.
                      All forces dislike the Met.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                        That’s maybe the biggest problem in centralizing the Scottish forces into Police Scotland- the cuntishness of Strathclyde’s weegie bastards has become the default.

Comment

I feel admonished by that Jardine stare.

Comment

Working...
                          X