Black Friday is now Black 9 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Friday is now Black 9 days

According to Amazon, anyway. Well at least if they spread it out it might stop people trampling each other to death over a big telly.

Surely it's just 21 December this year?

Comment

Apparently not Argos are at it as well. Although £350 for a Dyson hoover hardly seems the kind of rush to the stores now deal one associated with Black Friday in the past. How much do the fucking things normally cost? It's a bloody hoover!

Comment

Amazon has nothing to do with Black Friday. That is Cyber Monday creeping.

Comment

I've just seen a "hurry now, order online, pre-Black Friday deals are coming to an end" email, which seems to miss the point in at least 4 different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
            Apparently not Argos are at it as well. Although £350 for a Dyson hoover hardly seems the kind of rush to the stores now deal one associated with Black Friday in the past. How much do the fucking things normally cost? It's a bloody hoover!
            That's a deal for suckers, obv.

Amazon did that last year too, daily deals in the lead up to and probably after Black Friday, I think they may have strung it out for a couple of weeks.

Comment

It's been going on for a couple weeks here already. Anyone who goes to a store on Black Friday deserves what they get which will probably include broken bones, severe lacerations and mental and emotional trauma requiring rwo weeks of residential care in a licensed psychiatric facility. Even Mrs. House Cat, the most enthusiastic shopper in the entire history of the active universe, wouldn't go near it.

Comment

I believe that 16 November is a new record for this annual ritual here.

https://twitter.com/1067Litefm/status/1063599153803083776

Comment

In Moncton for the weekend (Resurgo museum complex: great, Magnetic Hill Zoo: great, the town itself: friendly but, well, a bit meh) and enjoying tramping around in the snow. We popped into the CF Champlain mall (according to Wikipedia, this is apparently the largest single-building shopping centre in Atlantic Canada by floor space, just in case anyone was wondering) and every second shop was advertising 'pre-Black Friday deals', 'extended Black Friday pricing', and so on. No idea what it'll be like next week, it was heaving yesterday so will probably be close to hell on earth on the day itself!

Comment

The Wolves Fan Exclusive Black Friday Cyber Monday Cruise Sale looks like an unmissable opportunity.

Aren't cruises permanently on sale anyway, like putting out to sea on a giant DFS sofa?

Comment

Just seen creme eggs on sale in my local convenience store.

Comment

Originally posted by David Agnew View Post
                        Just seen creme eggs on sale in my local convenience store.
                        They do realise it's Black Friday not Good Friday coming up right?

Comment

We're much closer now to the start of the 2022 creme egg season than the close of 2021's. Maybe they're hoping to pass it off as an early bird offer.

Comment

Why are Wolves selling cruise tickets?

Comment

Best guess is a Fosun link via Thomas Cook or Club Med (both of which they control along with Wolves)

Comment

I thought most cruises were still shut down cos Covid

Comment

Many are, but by no means all

Comment

All that I've heard is that the cruises are fully back and almost sold out. The people that like cruises really really like them and the pandemic won't stop them.

Comment

Cruise liners are an environmental disaster in every way.

Comment

I don't see the appeal of cruises anyway, unless it is to get somewhere otherwise inaccessible, but the thought of being stuck on a boat full of Wolves fans is quite entertaining.

Will they wait until the ship has left port before starting to boo the crew?

Comment

Working...
                                        X