Random Press Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Press Releases

This just arrived in my inbox. Keep in mind that I write about medical devices.

I was sad to realize this wasn't about the band Toto.

PRESS RELEASE

The villa where Totò often stayed is for sale in Capri
    Once owned by Carlo Ludovico Bragaglia, the director who launched the great Totò

This wonderful villa is in a great position offering a 360-degree view and is surrounded by a botanical park with over 150 species of plants

The magnificent villa where Totò felt at home is in one of the island of Capri's most exclusive areas; it is surrounded by nature and overlooks the sea, Naples, the Vesuvius and Ischia (http://www.lionard.com/magnificent-v...-in-capri.html).
    Sold by Lionard Luxury Real Estate for over 10-million euros, this villa was commissioned in 1942 by Carlo Ludovico Bragaglia, the director who launched the great Totò in the movie theatres: they made a total of six films together, including the famous “ Totò le Mokò” (1949), “Totò Looks for a Wife” and “47 Morto che Parla” (1950).

Totò spent a lot of time in this villa, either during shooting or when he was on holiday, so much that he even had his own room, which has been kept the same, with its original flooring and furniture, including a big wrought-iron bed, a beautiful painted corner cupboard, and a quaint round table with some newspaper clippings of the period painted underneath the glass.
    It is said that Totò was so disturbed by children making noise while he was napping, that he would open his bedroom windows and throw some water at them to make them stop.
    The fruitful collaboration between Bragaglia and Totò ended due to personal and family matters after shooting “47 Morto che Parla”. Carlo Ludovico Bragaglia, who had not only launched Totò but also Anna Magnani, would go on to direct some Italy's most important actors: from the De Filippo family (Eduardo, Titina and Peppino), to Vittorio De Sica and Aldo Fabrizi, who were also often guests in this wonderful villa.
    Surrounded by a botanical park with over 150 species of plants, this property is composed of two buildings: the main villa, which measures 800 m2, and an outbuilding measuring 400 m2; they are independent and feature an architecture typically found in Capri, made of limestone walls of a typical bright white colour.

The two buildings were completely renovated by the current owners, who have restored some beautiful floors made of hand-painted Vietri ceramics, marbles and chestnut parquet. The main villa has four floors; the ground floor features some state halls with period furnishings and Roman artefacts; it overlooks porticoes and three patios.
    A wooden staircase connects the ground floor with the first, which is home to four bedrooms for guests, each with a bathroom and a walk-in closet. On the second floor there is the main apartment, which is composed of two bedrooms, bathrooms and a big hall. The third floor is also home to a bedroom with a bathroom and a closet room, a loggia, and a big terrace.
    The latest domotics and air-conditioning systems guarantee all comforts and complete this villa's great features. The second villa is smaller but has the same impact; it is for guests, has three floors and was built in the 1950s.
    The park surrounding this property has been designed with great attention to detail, it features relaxation areas, a stunning swimming pool with jacuzzi surrounded by nature and decorated with blue Bisazza mosaics, a tennis court and a five-a-side football field.

To download high and low resolution photos and video click on:

http://www.lionard.com/press-archive/

Lionard Luxury Real Estate
    Florence, Via de’ Tornabuoni, 1
    Florence, Via dei Banchi, 6
    Milan, Via Borgonuovo, 20
    Tel. +39 055 - 0548100
    e.mail: info@lionard.com
    www.lionard.com

Lionard Luxury Real Estate S.p.A., founded in 2008 by Florentine entrepreneur Dimitri Corti, has quickly become a leading company in the luxury real estate sector in Italy. Lionard S.p.A currently has a portfolio of 2,491 real estate properties, with an average reference target of 5.12 million euros, and a total value of 12.76 billion euros.

I swear that I didn't sign you up for this.

It's got a five a side pitch, and you could also get a SUV there (though it would have to arrive on the island on a boat).

Comment

Love Capri. It was one of my 'must visit' places when I backpacked around after Uni.

Comment

It's flat out gorgeous, and isn't that touristed away from the port and the Grotta Azzurra.

Comment

I guess it's a bit of a commitment to get to, so you don't get the casual stragglers. And it ain't cheap. We went off season, so we basically got to pay what we wanted for a nice room. The desk clerk was basically the night janitor, and he didn't speak English. We slid a piece of paper back and forth with crossed out numbers until we found a figure we could both live with.

Comment

Capri is great, so are Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast but very busy and even overcrowded at some times of the year not least because of the huge cruise ships that moor at Sorrento or Naples and then dump their loads onto Sorrento, Pompei, the Amalfi Coast, Positano and Capri (the latter also takes some smaller cruise ships). But even in 1971, the first time I went there, it was already very touristic.

Ursus is right: away from the honeypots it’s manageable and even surprisingly quiet (it’s very much like Venice in this regard, you know what these tourists are like: 90% of them flock to the same places, and thank God for that, long live the sheep mentality!).

The nearby island of Procida (still in the Gulf of Naples), "l’isola dai mille colori", is drop-dead gorgeous, but far less well-known and less busy, the small fishing village of Marina Corricella is particularly attractive.

Best to visit in April/May and end of September/October.

There’s also the much larger Ischia island in the Bay of Naples (just an hour away from Naples by high-speed ferry) but I’ve never been so I won’t comment (apparently, it’s gorgeous too, much less touristic. Anyway, the whole of Italy is gorgeous, by far the most beautiful country in Europe IMO.

The harbour of Corricella on Procida

Comment

I purposedly didn't mention Procida. You really need to get with the programme, mon ami.

Ischia has become significantly more popular recently, much to our regret.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                I purposedly didn't mention Procida.
                Why is that? I don't get it.

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                Ischia has become significantly more popular recently, much to our regret.
                I'm sure it has, everywhere gorgeous in Europe has in the last decade or so (loads more - mainly older - people with disposable income in Europe and across the world in general). Even our bit of coast up in the North East in Northumberland, it was almost deserted when I arrived here 17 yrs ago but pretty touristic now (95% British tourists but still touristic, a few Dutch, Germans and Scandinavians too, London-based Australians as well), not a patch on Cornwall, Devon etc. but still pretty busy.

Comment

Because it is "somewhere gorgeous in Europe"

Comment

Ah, certo, capisco cosa vuoi dire.

Comment

Working...
                    X