Appelle moi Dave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appelle moi Dave

David Cameron quoted this morning as saying he'd like to come back as Foreign Secretary in a post-Theresa May cabinet.

For this to happen of course they'd either have to make him a Lord or find a Tory constituency senile enough to vote him back in as their MP. The latter actually wouldn't be hard.

I suppose if anyone deserves the role of trying to rescue Britain from the post-Brexit mess he created it's him?
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 02-11-2018, 08:49.

When Dave sees a dead pig, he always tries to fuck it.

Comment

These days, of course, he's the dead pig.

Therefore he can go f*ck himself.

Comment

Unfortunately, not the only Twat around talking of making a comeback:

(probably won’t though but he is very bored at the mo and has got his minions to spread the message. Sorry for the very rightwing Valeurs Actuelles pic but I do happen to agree with their front page).

Selon Gaspard Gantzer [ex Hollande spad] « Hollande veut revenir »

(Hollande released a book 6 months ago to explain that he was a good guy and that people had misunderstood him and his policies, so he gaily went round the country’s bookshops & hypermarket book sections and because a few bored pillocks queued up to get their copy signed by Flanby in between buying their artichokes and endives at Leclerc, he’s now got it in his head that he is mega popular with the masses).

Comment

And people complain about the Clintons . . .

Comment

Douglas-Home was the Foreign Secretary in Heath's cabinet so there is precedent, but there had been six years of Labour government in the interim. This would feel more like a Victorian-era move where someone exits completely and voluntarily and is let back in. And who would want to be the new Douglas-Home?

Comment

Another difference is that Douglas-Home hadn't been the worst PM since Lord North.

Comment

I don't think that Cameron realises quite how deeply embedded the view of him as the idiot who made the mess and ran away is in people's understanding of Brexit. Based on conversations with people in the half dozen EU nations that I've visited over the last year or so, this perception is even more pronounced abroad than it is in the UK. Even those who want Brexit think he's an arrogant fool that they played like a spam violin.

Comment

Self-awareness has never been his strong suit though.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                    I don't think that Cameron realises quite how deeply embedded the view of him as the idiot who made the mess and ran away is in people's understanding of Brexit. Based on conversations with people in the half dozen EU nations that I've visited over the last year or so, this perception is even more pronounced abroad than it is in the UK. Even those who want Brexit think he's an arrogant fool that they played like a spam violin.
                    You'd be surprised how many people blame Brexit on Blair and Major.

Comment

Working...
                    X