• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I ask foir this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svHeFdSvPL0

I love Cyndi x

Sigh...I miss the '80s.

Comment

No need to miss it. It’s right there. She recorded the song and the video and we have it.

The past is never dead. It's not even past.

And Cyndi Lauper is still touring. With Rod Stewart.

Comment

She appeared as a lawyer in New Magnum (which I find more entertaining that I should) the other week.

Comment

Why is this being posted now and here?

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
            Why is this being posted now and here?
            If not, then where and when?

Comment

"Music" and the 80s.

Comment

Brexit, no?

Comment

It belongs in World in the way that Lauper has influenced modern ideas about gender. In some ways she's more important than Madonna because she made fewer compromises and far fewer bad records. No Lauper, no Gaga, arguably.

Comment

I like Cyndi but hers is only my second favourite 1980s hit called Change Of Heart.

This is number one.

Comment

She is also 48% responsible for the funniest and most acidic Christmas song, perhaps in history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My5Bzf0PQhc

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                        It belongs in World in the way that Lauper has influenced modern ideas about gender. In some ways she's more important than Madonna because she made fewer compromises and far fewer bad records. No Lauper, no Gaga, arguably.
                        I don't know how to quantify her influence on ideas about gender, but I'm sure her influence is a lot more positive than Madonna's. When I was a kid in the 80s, the girls who were vaguely clued-up about feminism and what not usually cited Cyndi Lauper and/or Annie Lennox as their pop heroes. Not Madonna. And insofar as I've discussed this topic with women who were girls in the 80s, that hasn't changed.

Madonna may have been empowered and claiming her sexuality and all that, but it was always in a fairly boring mass-market sort of way, it's been a long time, if ever, that she's made interesting music, and she has become increasingly off-putting with her fake English accent, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X