Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just What The Hell Is Object-Oriented Ontology?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just What The Hell Is Object-Oriented Ontology?

EDIT: Removed
    Last edited by Johnny Velvet; 05-11-2021, 12:42.

Sounds like he's an Object-Oriented Onanist...

Comment

I'm not going to add anything except to say that I read the same article, but couldn't get beyond the title, and gave up after a while.

Comment

Not having read the review but just going on the words, it sounds like materialism/empiricism repackaged for the avocado toast munching generation.

Comment

I'm not subscribed, so I just read the title and precisely. I can't believe people write entire books on such things.

It's like that time I read an entire article on why this woman loves the word 'limn'. I almost gave up reading. Like, entirely.

Comment

I'm suspicious of anything calling itself "objective" or "realism." Everything is relational, man. EVERYTHING. Nothing is literally or "objectively" anything.

Comment

Object is not the same as objective though

Comment

I'm not a subscriber and don't want to give them an email address.

IMHO most of philosophy is complete wank. It's an academic subject designed to keep people occupied otherwise they might get up to mischief.

Comment

Does this work for people?

It's more than 5000 words, so cutting and pasting will be a bit of a pain.

Comment

Nope. Just the first paragraph.

And I'm very unlikely to read a 5000 word review of a book like that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      IMHO most of philosophy is complete wank. It's an academic subject designed to keep people occupied otherwise they might get up to mischief.
                      If only we had a professional philosopher to hand to debate the point in a measured and amiable manner.

Comment

I've been in touch . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                          Object is not the same as objective though
                          It’s suspiciously close.

Comment

At first I thought it said odontology which would have put a different bite on things.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                              If only we had a professional philosopher to hand to debate the point in a measured and amiable manner.
                              Haha.

I stand by my opinion, having defined the ontology of the object.

Comment

Working...
                              X