How to make an intervention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make an intervention

Woman intervening to defend victims of racial harassment.

As Dr. Katherine Crocker breaks down on this thread, the technique is great. She doesn't give the aggressor time to draw breath or gather her wits, she sticks to her guns rather than trying to debate or appeal to the aggressor's better nature, and most of all she draws her away from the targeted women.

People have some nerve these days. I don't understand people who get triggered by hearing someone speaking a foreign language, especially when the conversation has fuck all to do with them. Mind your business, Mary, and fuck off.

Comment

I have no doubt at all that my mother would have slugged (and likely knocked out) any nimrod who dared to question her right to speak a language other than English.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
        People have some nerve these days. I don't understand people who get triggered by hearing someone speaking a foreign language, especially when the conversation has fuck all to do with them. Mind your business, Mary, and fuck off.
        Please don't use the word "triggered" to refer to things that make people angry or upset. That usage of the word comes straight from the far-right who picked that word to mock people suffering from PTSD to talk about (often benign) things that trigger flashbacks.

Comment

I have never had to intervene like this, but have witnessed older metro users tutting and headshaking when Asian passengers were speaking their own language.

Once i called out 'What language do you speak when you go to Spain, then?'

Comment

Next time you hear someone tutting about this, shout directly at them "STOP SPEAKING KANGAROO*, YOU FOREIGN BASTARD".

Should do the trick. Or, you'll get sectioned.

*Also works with dolphins.
            Last edited by Gerontophile; 05-10-2018, 08:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
              I have never had to intervene like this, but have witnessed older metro users tutting and headshaking when Asian passengers were speaking their own language.

Once i called out 'What language do you speak when you go to Spain, then?'
              In the UK, the gripe that most of these prunes have is immigrants 'speaking in foreign' as opposed to visitors.

However, I don't imagine that they'd spend a great deal of time bothering to determine whether somebody were here permanently or temporarily in the first instance, to be honest. If that were even the issue, like.

Comment

Working...
              X