Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for coatis

Comment

Those coatis are pretty smart. Raccoon family appaz. They're like a slightly pointier, more ratty red panda. I'd happily feed one a bit of yam.

Comment

I dunno...they have a habit of looking slightly blurry in photos. How could you trust 'em?

Comment

Trust them? I'm not lending them a power tool. I'm feeding them sweet potato.

Comment

You poor fucking naif. That's how it starts: first some sweet potato. Then a cup of sugar. Then your random orbital sander. Good family of raccoons will take you for half your tool chest before you get wise.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
              I dunno...they have a habit of looking slightly blurry in photos. How could you trust 'em?
              Yeah, they don't stay still for long enough.

EIM, if you try to feed one you'd be in danger of losing a hand. They are adorable, but they have sharp claws and will grab indiscriminately at any food that isn't nailed down. Watching the reactions of groups of people when a coati ambles right out from under the table they're sitting eating their lunch at is hilarious.

Comment

A coati played backwards looks like a diplodocus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luy5K8_D6so

Comment

The staff at our resort in Mexico had another name for these fellas but I can't remember what it was. It may have been Spanish for "little bastards".

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                    You poor fucking naif. That's how it starts: first some sweet potato. Then a cup of sugar. Then your random orbital sander. Good family of raccoons will take you for half your tool chest before you get wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                      A coati played backwards looks like a diplodocus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luy5K8_D6so

That's hysterical. I love it Kev!

Comment

Haha, yeah. One of my mates went to Iguazú a few years ago and got a picture of a family of them crossing one of the tracks, and when he showed it to his colleagues back in Buenos Aires one of them went, 'What funny long necks they've got!' and he couldn't stop himself laughing in her face, but agreed it does look a lot like that.

Comment

Working...
                        X