No announcement yet.

The least-venerated people in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we are including sportspeople, Heather McKay would definitely be in with a shout of taking this award. Kudos to those who can name her (main) game without looking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
      the museum itself is no longer named after Humboldt. And I still know nothing about the man himself.
      He's still got the university, so that's something.

Comment

(Yes, I know.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
          The only reason I have knowingly heard Nick Drake, is Kylie Minogue.
          Forgive me if this was a meta-joke, Gero, but are you thinking of Nick Cave?

Comment

On the bus going theough Stratford I sometimes pass the Sir Ludwig Guttmann health centre, which was completely mysterious to me until I looked him up - the German born British founder of the Paralympic Games, plus director of the first spinal injuries unit in the UK, etc.

Comment

In my degree I wrote a dissertation on the theological impact of St Gregory of Nazianzus. Bloke practically invented the Trinity doctrine at the Council of Constantinople in 381AD.

I estimate approximately 0.00000001% of Trinity-espousing Christians have heard of the guy. (Number will be higher in Orthodox churches)

Comment

That is possibly the most golfery thing that a golfer might say.

Thank you.
                Last edited by Gerontophile; 25-08-2018, 18:15. Reason: This was a reply to Rogin, but the thread moved on by about Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                  Forgive me if this was a meta-joke, Gero, but are you thinking of Nick Cave?
                  YES! SOMEONE GOT IT!!!

Comment

(If anyone isn't watching Liverpool, their new keeper just earned the money, right there.)

Comment

Working...
                    X