Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The local Mecca

Anyone here go to bingo?

(or is it considered too plebian for our cultured metropolitan tastes?)

The local Mecca

several of my female workmates now play bingo online . And the thing is, they don't even "play" bingo, the way these sites work is that you buy your cards, and the computer checks off whether you've won or not, while you just sit there and wait.

Apparently the fun of it is that you can witter away to each other on the messageboard, while otherwise completely inactive. I mean, where on earth is the fun in that?

Comment

The local Mecca

Back in early 80s and during the miners strike we used to "go to the bingo".
      Basically that meant we joined the collieries bingo hall and took advantage of the subsidised bar. Bought a "book" and gave it away to an old dear then propped the bar up for a few hours. Paid half the local pubs prices (about 12p a pint iirc)before moving on to real prices.
      Youd have to have lived in a shrinking coalfield to understand..........I still cant quite believe it myself.

Comment

The local Mecca

Me and SR used to be bingo callers, I believe. The last time I played, me and sidjames won the full house.

Comment

Working...
        X