Clear All

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    Even the dog enjoyed the views....

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
    I watched The Day After Tomorrow on Saturday evening and I swear that MS's image could be a still from the film.
    It wasn't that cold alas, at lower levels the snow was a slippery sludge difficult to walk.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    I watched The Day After Tomorrow on Saturday evening and I swear that MS's image could be a still from the film.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Originally posted by Moonlight Shadow View Post
    <sigh>

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I am not active at all on Instagram, but the photos that Moonlight Shadow has been posting on there are wondrous.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
    I was nearby doing the Haweswater Half, which thankfully sticks to tarmac, but the snowy hills certainly made for a dramatic backdrop.
    The High Street range looked ominous under snow cover!

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    I was nearby doing the Haweswater Half, which thankfully sticks to tarmac, but the snowy hills certainly made for a dramatic backdrop.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    Place Fell today, that snow was hard work...

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jameswba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jameswba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jameswba
    replied
    Today I went for a morning hike with a friend in an area of the Mala Fatra I'm not so familiar with. First, we walked up to a cottage - although it's at 1,140 ASL, there were only scraps of snow in the area. It's been ridiculously mild for late Feb and early March.

After tea and doughnuts there, we made for a grave and memorial stone to an unknown Slovak partisan, found dead with gunshot wounds following the Nazi retreat from the area in 1944. It was a fittingly impressive memorial and there was a fresh-looking bouquet of flowers on it. Apparently, the partisan's helmet remained there for decades too, but it's gone now.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jameswba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jameswba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jameswba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jameswba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jameswba
    replied
    A friend and I went up Ostra in the Velka Fatra today. Although 'velka' means big/large/great, it's highest peaks are slightly lower than those in the Mala Fatra. But Velka Fatra covers a larger area and is wilder. Mala Fatra is cottages with WiFi, ski lifts, burger stalls and the rest. In Velka Fatra, you need your bear-wrestling skills well-honed. No bears today, but we did spot a couple of eagles in flight. And there were sections where no-one had been since the last snow fell and we had to break the path through it. We finally made it, tired but happy, to Zadna Ostra (literally 'Back Sharp'). At 1,254 metres, it's not the highest peak in the range, but it's very beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisJ
    replied
    Nice pics. That today? You've seen more sun and sky than we have in Glos.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    Moore cloudscapes and moorlands

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    Cloudscapes and moorlands

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    An Obvious Thing I Only Worked Out Today: “Bad” in German is the equivalent of “Spa” in English and “Les Bains” in French.

As you were.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    We find old spa towns to be highly entertaining.

And in Central Europe, they have been able to reliably produce new generations of clients to a somewhat surprising extent.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    No, but it is like christmassing (is that a verb) in a Wes Anderson film. There is even a massive "Grand Hotel Europe" in the middle of town that looks, well, exactly as it should

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Have you gone for the "radon cure" in the caves?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X