• Show
Clear All

• Sits
    replied
    Breathtaking

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight shadow
    replied
    On Moel Siabod today. Gorgeous day, frozen solid in the upper parts which spiced up our scramble nicely. The raven was duly fed...

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight shadow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight shadow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight shadow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight shadow
    replied
    It's the Trent&Mersey canal, i walked from Runcorn East to Frodsham train stations that day.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    It's bloody lovely. Is the Lonely Planet list paid for somehow? I seem to remember Scotland dominating such (LP, Rough Guide) lists a few years back, and the SNP tourism minister always on hand with a pithy quote.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    That's a stunning photo MS, where is it?

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight shadow
    replied
    That guy in the boat had it nailed spot wise....

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight shadow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    England gets a pat on the back from Loney Planet and bigs up Paul's recent route: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50138051

Leave a comment:

• ChrisJ
    replied
    Thanks UA.
    It’s a special place isn’t it? Probably my last time in the Himalayas as I feel worse about flying every time and I don’t think I have the cojones to travel overland via Pakistan. (Or the budget to go the long way ‘round through China!)
    I’m quite looking forward to exploring the large areas of the UK of which I’m sadly ignorant.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    What everyone else has said. Special kudos to you for helping her experience it.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    They’re quite something Chris.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight shadow
    replied
    Beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    Looks fantastic Chris, wish I was there!

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Very nice, Chris. I'm hugely envious.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Impressive. I don't think that I've ever reached 1000m...

Leave a comment:

• ChrisJ
    replied
    Thorung La is the high point at just over 5400m. We were about 4 days over 4000m as it was MrsCJ’s first time at real altitude so we acclimatised properly.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    How high did you get Chris?

Leave a comment:

• ChrisJ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ChrisJ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ChrisJ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ChrisJ
    replied
    Trying to post a couple more pictures but Indian rural WiFi and posting from a phone are conspiring against me. Maybe some other time.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisJ
    replied
    Just finished the Annapurna Circuit 10 days ago. Wanted to show it to MrsCJ before it changed too much because of the road building but maybe left it a couple of years too late. Blimey it’s changed since I was there last.

The road (jeep track mostly) will will help develop some very poor areas but the flip side is that the majority of trekkers are jeeping straight down to Pokhara from Jomsom the day after crossing the high pass, so hitting the tea houses of the dozen or so villages on the ‘down’ side. OTOH, generally the place was busier than 7 years ago.

It’s no wilderness experience but MrsCJ overcame her fear of cable bridges and cliff-paths and there’s nothing to match the high Himalayas for sheer gasp factor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X