No announcement yet.

Backpacks and blisters - the walking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you claimed Switzerland for the EU, MS?

Comment

Jaw-dropping. Nice flag too.

And good luck,with the SWCP Paul. Was once a dream of a mate and I in our late teens. We managed St. Austell to Gorran Haven.

Comment

Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
          have you claimed Switzerland for the EU, MS?
          Nope, i am in Italy!

Comment

14 miles from Porlock to Lynmouth today and I arrived in time to see the final 9f the cricket World Cup. However, my photograph for the day isn't of some rural pub or a spectacular view but of an honesty cafe.

I came across two chairs and a couple of tables, a flask of hot water and a cool box with milk, chocolate, cans and crisps in it. You put what you want into a box, you take what you want and that is that. I had a mug of tea and a can on lemonade whilst eating my packed lunch for a contribution of £2. Not the first honesty box I have come across, but probably the best. All profits go towards wild birds in the woods.

Comment

Really nice idea, that.

Comment

Comment

I've made it to Croyde which is something of a surfers paradise. The weather today was hot and the 28 miles I did has had an impact on me and I am exhausted right now. Hoping to recover overnight, particularly as tomorrow is dead flat around the Taw and Torridge estuaries.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Strewth

Comment

A chunk of ice fell off from inside the ice cave whilst we were taking pictures...the noise, god...

Comment

TBH, I can't really make out what the animals by the water are.

Comment

Chamois or another type of mountain goat, methinks

Comment

Ibex, they just turned up all of the sudden. We saw one earlier which must have been the advance party. A few marmots about, goats, sheep and donkeys belonging to a small farm (at 2500m altitude...)

Comment

Cheers.

I presume that's a glacial lake, given the colour?

Comment

Indeed, a recent one too, thanks to climate change....

Comment

Bideford to Clovelly today past the Appledore shipyard which only closed four months ago. Then onto Westwood Ho! which I have always wanted to visit as it is the only place in Europe with an exclamation mark in its name. I finished the day in Clovelly Where a sign told me I was 99 miles from my start point in Minehead. Clovelly is incredible, here's a picture of the main street:

Comment

That looks really lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                                              Then onto Westwood Ho! which I have always wanted to visit as it is the only place in Europe with an exclamation mark in its name.
                                              "Westward". And what about Fucking Leeds!?
                                              Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 18-07-2019, 20:25.

Comment

Are you staying in huts, MS? The Italian huts are great. Much better than the French or even Swiss ones.

Comment

Comment

Nice. Where are you now Paul?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X