No announcement yet.

Backpacks and blisters - the walking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thorung La is the high point at just over 5400m. We were about 4 days over 4000m as it was MrsCJ’s first time at real altitude so we acclimatised properly.

Comment

Impressive. I don't think that I've ever reached 1000m...

Comment

Very nice, Chris. I'm hugely envious.

Comment

Looks fantastic Chris, wish I was there!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

They’re quite something Chris.

Comment

What everyone else has said. Special kudos to you for helping her experience it.

Comment

Thanks UA.
                  It’s a special place isn’t it? Probably my last time in the Himalayas as I feel worse about flying every time and I don’t think I have the cojones to travel overland via Pakistan. (Or the budget to go the long way ‘round through China!)
                  I’m quite looking forward to exploring the large areas of the UK of which I’m sadly ignorant.

Comment

England gets a pat on the back from Loney Planet and bigs up Paul's recent route: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50138051

Comment

Comment

That guy in the boat had it nailed spot wise....

Comment

That's a stunning photo MS, where is it?

Comment

It's bloody lovely. Is the Lonely Planet list paid for somehow? I seem to remember Scotland dominating such (LP, Rough Guide) lists a few years back, and the SNP tourism minister always on hand with a pithy quote.

Comment

It's the Trent&Mersey canal, i walked from Runcorn East to Frodsham train stations that day.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

On Moel Siabod today. Gorgeous day, frozen solid in the upper parts which spiced up our scramble nicely. The raven was duly fed...

Comment

Breathtaking

Comment

I've had my route approved for the TGO Challenge and I throught I would share it all with you. 215 miles from Mallaig (well, Inverie really) to Newburgh via Druim Fada, the Glen Roy parallel Roads, Aviemore, Cairngorm, Glen Clova, Banchory and then up the coast to visit the seal beach at Newburgh. A fine time spent route planning. Just got to walk it now in May with all the others.
                                          14-day weather forecast for St Ives.

Comment

Strong start there, Knoydart is ace. Enjoy your pint at the Old Forge!

Comment

I've been to the Old Forge and it was a cracking little pub. Emphasis on the was though, as the new owner has upset most of the locals.

Comment

Bad news that, I had a great time there when I visited many years ago, some great mix of people.

Comment

What has the new owner done (wrong)?

Comment

Been reading about it, looks like clash of egos with some of the locals. It can be quite tense in such a small place...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X