No announcement yet.

na'then folks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, it is the one day a year, I admit to being born in Yorkshire. What with that and being Welsh, I don't know why I bothered buying a wallet. Especially at that price.

Comment

E10 day?

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
        The Swiss will have their nose out of joint having to share a national day with you
        What's Lucerne got that Ilkley hasn't?

Comment

A hat?

Comment

and a full line of dairy products available at Safeway in California

Comment

I'm sure Parky, Boycott and their ilk will be celebrating the loudest!

From their homes in Dorset.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                As in, every day until all the chicken shops close for good?
                That was sort of the allusion.

Comment

That's a fair point about Michael Parkinson (although I think he lives in Maidenhead). He gets some right abuse from Barnsley fans for only showing up for big games - or when we play Reading away. Boycott is back living in Yorkshire though (I think).

I'm a bit indifferent to the whole 'Yorkshire' thing to be honest. Being from Barnsley carries its own, ahem, distinction. While the People's Republic of South Yorkshire is something I can identify with, 'Yorkshire' seems to be Leeds United, cricket, farming and old codgers, in people's minds - nothing I have any fondness for.

Comment

Yorkshire is as politically diverse (due to class and urban/rural divisions) as anywhere else. Ripon is not Sheffield, for example.

Comment

Working...
                    X