na'then folks!

Happy Yorkshire Day everybody!

Eh up Lad, have a pint in the Tap for me

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
      Eh up Lad, have a pint in the Tap for me
      'ow much!?

Comment

The Yorkies in our office have laid a big flag over the table, put a vase of white roses on it, and hung bunting over the noticeboards. Top effort.

Comment

The Swiss will have their nose out of joint having to share a national day with you

Comment

Nah, I like Yorkshire....

Comment

Why did they pick the 1st of August, out of curiosity?

Comment

Do any of the other English counties have special days or is it only the people of Yorkshire who indulge in this sort of thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                  The Yorkies in our office have laid a big flag over the table, put a vase of white roses on it, and hung bunting over the noticeboards. Top effort.
                  Fucking weirdos.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Child Ballads View Post
                    Do any of the other English counties have special days or is it only the people of Yorkshire who indulge in this sort of thing?
                    Cornwall celebrate St Piran's Day, on March 5th:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Piran%27s_Day

Comment

No, because we are all secure in our heritage.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                        Why did they pick the 1st of August, out of curiosity?
                        Hmm, an 18th century imperial battle - not having that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Minden

Comment

Top tip - if you're going to boil an egg and can't find your egg timer, start boiling it and phone someone from Yorkshire. Stop boiling it at the point in the conversation that they first mention that they're from Yorkshire.

Note - only works for very soft boiled eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                            Fucking weirdos.
                            It's definitely getting that way, yeah. Lots of people have got desk flags so there's various heraldry poking up around the place now.

As for me, I have Mario, Yoshi and a super mushroom sitting on my monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bretwalda View Post
                              'ow much!?
                              Did you notice when they showed footage from around the country of crowds watching England scoring, the Leeds gathering was the only place where they didn't chuck beer in the air?

"Cost £3.50, this"

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                Fucking weirdos.
                                The real fucking weirdos are the ones in Lancashire.
                                27 November FFS.

Who wants to be out celebrating at that time of year?

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                                  Did you notice when they showed footage from around the country of crowds watching England scoring, the Leeds gathering was the only place where they didn't chuck beer in the air?

"Cost £3.50, this"
                                  I didn't notice that particular quirk but have to admit I exchanged disapproving texts with my nephew at the sight of people launching pints into the air in Hyde Park, which we reckoned were £7 minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post

"Cost £3.50, this"
                                    <applause>

Comment

Well obviously we're going to celebrate because we're better than everyone else.

Comment

County Durham's better.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                          The Swiss will have their nose out of joint having to share a national day with you
                                          There has been an attempt to get Black Country Day going as a thing in recent years, with July 14 chosen as the anniversary of the invention of the world's first steam engine in those parts. I'm not sure that it has displaced Bastille Day as the date's benchmark celebration even in the Black Country.

Anyway, this Yorkshire; is it near Nottinghamshire or thereabouts?

Comment

SW17 Day will be occurring soon.

Expected activities include leaving fried chicken wrappers everywhere and not talking to any of your neighbours.

Comment

Last Friday was Norfolk Day

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                                                Last Friday was Norfolk Day
                                                I hear it was a bit flat this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                                  SW17 Day will be occurring soon.

Expected activities include leaving fried chicken wrappers everywhere and not talking to any of your neighbours.
                                                  As in, every day until all the chicken shops close for good?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X