Quick question:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question:

Why are there so many blank replies recently?

Comment

I see the dot.

Comment

Is your phone/tablet set to only display video when connected to WiFi?

There are quite a few recent replies (especially on the German Music thread) that are only embedded videos, tweets or images.

Those also appear blank on the "Active Topics" page.

Comment

I only ever come onto OTF when at home, but I am using Wifi at home on my laptop.

However, I haven't set it up to block videos or anything, but I do use a VPN (always) which might be the cause. I dunno really, I was just curious. I can usually see any videos, and certainly can see my own. It's actually been a few of yours (ua) which have piqued my curiosity, and mentioned elsewhere about you taking a vow of silence, when I saw a blank reply for the third time (Trump's Card, probably).

Comment

Could be embedded tweets with no other content - do you see embedded tweets at all on otf?

Comment

I used to, but I don't think I do, now.

Comment

I had the same thing last week when I was roaming or on someone else’s WiFi, but it’s ok now I’m home.

Comment

Sounds like I need to go back to pasting the URL after the embedded Tweet.

Comment

So that was indeed it.

Quite curious, especially for it to be WiFi-dependent

Comment

I've had that for a while; I narrowed it down to a browser extension I'd fairly recently installed to stop tracking cookies, which was killing all the embedded tweets. So I switched off Twitter blocking for this domain and it's gone back to normal now, for the most part.

Comment

Well, if you'd like this a tester, the post after this one will contain a tweet and nothing else. Sometimes I have to refresh to see them.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1020632694076706817

Comment

Yep, no problems for me there, just now.

Comment

Still having issues, but brought it here rather than fuck up the Trump thread anymore than usual

Chrome is up-to-date.

This all just happened suddenly, so I suspect it's something I downloaded, but can't be sure when.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BorderIrish/status/1024612193688543233

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                  I've had that for a while; I narrowed it down to a browser extension I'd fairly recently installed to stop tracking cookies, which was killing all the embedded tweets. So I switched off Twitter blocking for this domain and it's gone back to normal now, for the most part.
                                  How did you do that?

Comment

Cheers, Kev!

Comment

Working...
                                    X