Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Agnew
    replied
    Ooh, possibly. Or a drink on a weekend, if you're free, which will give me more time to get to/from Norwich.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Very possibly. I have to check out my evening commitments tomorrow morning, but will report back then.

Leave a comment:

• Evariste Euler Gauss
    replied
    Not sure whether I'd be able to make that. I'd be up for beers any evening this week though, if I can interest you in that.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Any of you lovely people fancy an excursion to watch the U's play Exeter next Tuesday? With beer before and/or after?

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Very enjoyable evening with janik, irony towers, and reality checkpoint. Thanks to all three of you.

Will try and arrange some Londony thing in the near future (and another Cambridgey one too)

Leave a comment:

• treibeis
    replied
    Bristol doesn't do dinner in the evening. He'll go to bed on an empty stomach.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Dinner in the evening? I thought that you were from Yorkshire...

Leave a comment:

• Evariste Euler Gauss
    replied
    the amount of time it's taking us to pack, wash up etc. before we're ready to leave the house, I'll probably be driving past you all as you enter the Flying Pig. I'm due in Bristol for dinner.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Friday it is. I'll try and get there around 6.30-7
    Cool, I'll try and be there for then but might be slightly later depending on train times.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    It might be worth starting a separate London August 'thon thread, ad hoc, if you've got some possible dates to float.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Friday it is. I'll try and get there around 6.30-7

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    Any of the London crowd around today week? Meanwhile enjoy the Flying Pig

Leave a comment:

• Evariste Euler Gauss
    replied
    Have fun chaps. I'll have to miss that I'm afraid, as I'll be in Bristol for a family wedding.

Leave a comment:

• irony towers
    replied
    Count me in for this Friday evening.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    I can definitely get to the Flying Pig this Friday, if that is what people settle on. At a stretch I could be there for 6:30pm, though a bit later and after some food is easier. Other Fridays would work just as well.

Leave a comment:

• Furtho
    replied
    Potentially I could maybe get to Cambridge. Saturday evenings likely to be best for me.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    It doesn't have to be a whole thon, I'm here for three and a half more weeks, and could fit in with most potential plans

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Friday at the Flying Pig? Sounds good to me. I'm staying in one of the new student flats next to the station. (it;s rubbish for many reasons)

Definitely be up for it.

Leave a comment:

• irony towers
    replied
    Sincerely hoping my dates away (11th-18th and 24th-27th) won't rule me out of making it.

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    Could maybe make this

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Mine was the next-but-one from EEG's until May but we've moved to a massive new office a bit further out. I miss being able to mooch round the botanic gardens at lunch. Or using the barber and post office, come to that.

Oh, and since a handful of crossworders are in here, a note that I've added some letters to the current clue.
    Last edited by Kevin S; 01-08-2018, 21:22.

Leave a comment:

• Evariste Euler Gauss
    replied
    ha, my office is just across the car park from the Flying Pig. I look down on it from our window every time I go to fetch a coffee or water from our office kitchenette.

Edit: and I'm still up for meeting for an evening beer later this month. I'm back at work from Mon 20th, and I should also be mainly around in Cambridge w/b 13th, as I've abandoned any idea of travelling that week except maybe one or two day trips.
    Last edited by Evariste Euler Gauss; 01-08-2018, 21:14.

Leave a comment:

• Reality Checkpoint
    replied
    If you're on Hills Road the Flying Pig might be a good place to meet (just near the Station Road junction) - there's music on tonight and tomorrow so will probably be crowded and noisy but I could make Friday or any night next week except Monday and Wednesday. The Good Lady Checkpoint and I are just planning a trip out to Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania and suchlike places in our motorhome (I'm retiring in a few weeks time) so it would be useful to pick your brains!

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Just about slotting into a routine now and therefore able to plan a bit more. Evenings are good (and for a London trip too). Daytimes between 8 and 5 are basically out of the question (I could probably get away around 4.30 if I planned it.)

So any takers? Would be great to meet up with people

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    That would be good Kev. Not sure at the moment, as i really don't know what my schedule looks like, but i suspect i'll be fairly full on during the days (I'm out on Hills Road too, at Homerton college, so if you're in the centre, it's a fair trek)
    No, that's my end too as it happens. Cool.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X