No announcement yet.

Cambridge in August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be worth starting a separate London August 'thon thread, ad hoc, if you've got some possible dates to float.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
      Friday it is. I'll try and get there around 6.30-7
      Cool, I'll try and be there for then but might be slightly later depending on train times.

Comment

the amount of time it's taking us to pack, wash up etc. before we're ready to leave the house, I'll probably be driving past you all as you enter the Flying Pig. I'm due in Bristol for dinner.

Comment

Dinner in the evening? I thought that you were from Yorkshire...

Comment

Bristol doesn't do dinner in the evening. He'll go to bed on an empty stomach.

Comment

Very enjoyable evening with janik, irony towers, and reality checkpoint. Thanks to all three of you.

Will try and arrange some Londony thing in the near future (and another Cambridgey one too)

Comment

Any of you lovely people fancy an excursion to watch the U's play Exeter next Tuesday? With beer before and/or after?

Comment

Not sure whether I'd be able to make that. I'd be up for beers any evening this week though, if I can interest you in that.

Comment

Very possibly. I have to check out my evening commitments tomorrow morning, but will report back then.

Comment

Ooh, possibly. Or a drink on a weekend, if you're free, which will give me more time to get to/from Norwich.

Comment

Shouldn't be too many evening commitments in the morning, ad hoc. Wrong time of day for them.

Comment

Yes this week looks good. Thursday? Anybody else like to join us? DA - weekends are a bit tricky as I have been spending them with my ailing father.

Comment

Thursday good for me. Any thoughts on venue? I'd prefer to avoid the Flying Pig due to the risk of bumping into work colleagues (not normally something I'd mind at all, but not appealing when I'm on a two week holiday and want to forget about the office entirely). How about something in the Mill Road area, like say the Kingston Arms on Kingston Street, the Cambridge Blue on Gwydir Street or the Salisbury Arms on Tenison Street?

Comment

Morning all. Sorry to hear about your Dad AH.

If a North London-thon is still a poss keep us posted

Comment

Cambridge Blue is good for me, but if Janik can make it and would rather be closer to the station we could do the Salisbury. (The Salisbury Arms used to be one of the best pubs in the city always recommended by CAMRA etc. Then it went really downhill and was dead rough and dodgy. I walked past it the other day and it looked like it's alright again. The Live and Let Live is another one round there that is (or used to be) good

Comment

The Salisbury has been fine recently. However I'm not sure I can make it - my work Cricket team has a game planned. But that is rather weather dependent.

Comment

Hopefully I can make it - it depends on work and the trains. I'll have a better idea on Thursday morning.

Nearer the station would be better for me, as my last train is before 11.

Comment

I have just found out that I can't do Thursday. Friday works though. Is that a possibility for people?

Comment

Friday's good for me.

Comment

Anyone else for tomorrow evening?

If no train-bound people are coming, would you be fine with the Cambridge Blue, EEG? What's a good time for you?

Comment

Yes, Cambridge Blue's good for me. How would 7.30 suit you ad hoc?

Comment

Sure. Sounds good. Anyone else up for this?

Comment

I'm hopefully around tho' probably not until later (8:30 - 9 ish) The Cambridge Blue is good for me.

Comment

Friday is looking better for me than tonight!

Comment

I miss WOM's truly pathetic "I will be unable to attend" joke.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X