Sick Exotic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick Exotic

Inspired (if that's an appropriate reaction) by steveee's recent bout of hurling, I was wondering about people's most exotic experiences of ... er ... chucking up.

I have two of which, perversely, I'm rather proud.

1) A weekend spent in a hotel bathroom in Montevideo after a day of too much parrillada and booze and an iffy octopus salad - the latter steveee's downfall, too.

2) A ferry crossing to France at the time when Edward Heath's 'Morning Cloud' went down - we were stuck on the ferry mid-channel (and I in a toilet booth) for something like 15 hours because it couldn't dock.

So, if you can bear to recall such an awful experience ... what's your proudest and/or most exotic chuck?

Sick Exotic

I don't have any memorable ones myself, but once upon a time, when my nephew was two, we had all gone out to eat to celebrate his older brother's birthday. As we were leaving, because he wasn't feeling well, he suddenly hurled right in the middle of the dining room and directly beside a table full of old people. My sister was carrying him and ended up with it on her clothes and shoes as well.

Comment

Sick Exotic

I once threw up all over the freshly-made pile of sandwiches that had been made for the school camp (basically, a load of tents in the school playing field).

Comment

Sick Exotic

After a night of heavy binge drinking on an empty stomach, after pukin gon the tube then hailing a cab, I got to within 100m of my flat, asked the cabbie to pull over, paid him, then... vomited everywhere, just as I finished I fell into it. Ripping the trousers of my new suit and covering it in vom.

Comment

Sick Exotic

I have a few puking stories, bu the best concerns my night of Vodka & Orange overindulgence when I was 18.

Being drunk I decided I was not in a fit state to drive home on my motorbike, so I wisely took a taxi. Apparently, I could not ell the driver where I lived, but he had taken me before, and remembered my place of residence (he told me all that when he had another occasion to chauffeur me).

A few minutes into the 15-minute drive, I opened the window and started puking out of it. Happily, it was raining heavily that night, washing the vomit off the car.

At home, I managed to stumble into the backyard, where I fell over. On the ground in the pouring rain I continued my puking, the produce of which the two dogs enjoyed as a late supper (yup!). And all the while I was howling: "Wooo, woooo, I am the wolf!"

I have no memory of that; my stepfather told me the next day.

I won't go into the story of how I managed to vomit over all four walls of a toilet cubicle at a pub in London.

Oddly, I cannot remember he last time I threw up. I think it was in 1995, when I got seasick.

Comment

Sick Exotic

I last vomited in April 2006 I think. I blame my cousin Pete and too many multi-coloured shots as my cousin Lyndsey's 30th birthday.

Comment

Sick Exotic

The sickest I've ever been was in Istanbul. A bad salad, I think: the soon-to-be Mrs E also got it, and since I'd been eating nothing but seafood, which she hated at the time, the salads were the only thing we shared.

When she's seen you cack the bed thinking it was a fart, and heard you trying to reach the basin with your head while keeping your arse planted on the bog, and not upped sticks and left you, you know it's the real thing.

Comment

Sick Exotic

You should be writing Valentine's Day cards, Wyatt.

Comment

Sick Exotic

As mentioned before; at a client's site in a skyscraper overlooking the Superdome.

Comment

Sick Exotic

I threw up over my first-ever proper date, when we were having a go on the big wheel.

Comment

Sick Exotic

Unless having a "go" on the big wheel just means you to went on the big wheel, I think I'd like to hear that story in greater detail, treibeis.

Comment

Working...
                      X