https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1277304484377636864

Comment

Comment

Lumumba

https://twitter.com/KeirMilburn/status/1277490373330382848?s=20

Comment

https://youtu.be/WNb1xayU8KQ

This is very very disturbing
          Last edited by Tactical Genius; 29-06-2020, 19:58. Reason: updated link

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
            https://youtu.be/GpcFNCriAAk

This is very very disturbing
            "I am a research nerd and yet have not understood the difference between cause and effect."

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

Not in Teen Titans Go.
              Is that not orange?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post

"I am a research nerd and yet have not understood the difference between cause and effect."
                It would be interesting to see what criteria the adoption agency used. She is more or less giving the police a free pass to brutilse her black child whilst giving the white ones a free pass.

She is raising a boy, not a fucking pitbull. Also notice how she went out of here way not to describe him as black?

Comment

She is raising a boy, not a fucking pitbull. Also notice how she went out of here way not to describe him as black?
                  So many times I lost count. Still, he is, at least, brown. So I hear.

Comment

TG's link isn't working for me, says it's private.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      TG's link isn't working for me, says it's private.
                      Looks like she has finally seen the sense to pull it down (or Youtube has).

If I were to paraphrase what she said, you wouldn't believe me, it was jaw dropping stuff.

Comment

I grew up in a military town in Texas, I'll believe an awful lot.

Comment

giving the police a free pass to brutilse her black child whilst giving the white ones a free pass.
                          That sounds pretty bad. It also sounds like it might be based on an argument familiar to me, that the police have little choice but to treat black people differently because crime statistics. Was it some variation of them needing to get their own house in order?

If so it illustrates what I was saying about our economic system corrupting people's thinking and helping them draw racist conclusions. People are brainwashed by capitalism into thinking that success or failure in life is up to you. If you're successful you made smart choices, if you're not you didn't (glossing over what enables people to make good or bad choices). This mom arrived at a racist position not by means of hatefulness or basic fear of the other (assuming the adoption rules that out) but by having been fed a bad theory about success versus failure.

Comment

Updated link here Bruno.

https://youtu.be/WNb1xayU8KQ

Comment

Jude is an adorable perpetually tanned brown boy,
                              But one day he is going to grow up and is going to be a tall, probably large, intimidating looking maybe brown man.
                              And probably, my other boys are going to probably look like nerdy white guys..........

Yes, she said that, and she was just warming up..........

Comment

Okay, a bit of fear of the other there. Weird.

Comment

The mayor of St. Louis Lyda Krewson went on Facebook Live and read out the names/addresses of people who wrote to her demanding reallocation of funds away from police. I wonder if she read out the names and home addresses of police who kill black people.

FYI she's a Democrat.
                                  https://twitter.com/LydaKrewson/status/1276707075477975041?s=20

Comment

The mayor of St. Louis Lyda Krewson went on Facebook Live and read out the names/addresses of people who wrote to her demanding reallocation of funds away from police. I wonder if she read out the names and home addresses of police who kill black people.

FYI she's a Democrat.
                                    https://twitter.com/LydaKrewson/status/1276707075477975041?s=20
                                    I did think that I was being overly paranoid in being wary of writing to my elected representatives, not so much after reading this.

Comment

https://twitter.com/pamelacolloff/status/1277964488956731400

Comment

Picture lifted from that Reuters piece:

design by committee foul!

Comment

I see everyone is running to dissociate from the BLMUK organisation for their pivot away from anti black racism and violence to other matters.

What does the board make of this.
                                          I have, made it clear I have no affiliation or support for the organisation and BLM has never been anything more than a slogan for me.

Comment

As you might guess, I basically agree entirely with the tweet in question (though I think they should have worded it more carefully), and as I've said before i am fully in favour of the black lives matter "movement" (whatever that means in practice) making common cause with the fight for Palestinian human rights, and vice versa. I think there are a number of similarities between the situations and issues (as well as a number of differences).

Having said that the problem they've now created is that they've antagonised white centrists who find Palestinian issues distasteful, and they may need them onside to help push the agenda. Whether that is a huge loss, is open to question.

Comment

Indeed. "Oh no, we're gonna lose the 40-something music journalists with this" is not a cry that's echoed through history with liberation movements.

I'm not well versed of the ins and outs of how BLM functions organisationally - or even whether it does; it doesn't strike me that it particulary needs to - but there does seem to be a bit of a trend afoot whereby some people are looking to reverse-ferret away from supporting the wider movement too enthusiastically.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                                but there does seem to be a bit of a trend afoot whereby some people are looking to reverse-ferret away from supporting the wider movement too enthusiastically.
                                                And that's the important bit here, alot of people who never really supported the BLM sentiments but didn't want to out themselves as being racists now have cover to speak out.
                                                All the point I have heard, I don't necessarily disagree with, but they should not be the primary focus.
                                                But this is what happens with these astrourfed organisations that are not from the grass roots. They start off talking black and very quickly start talking about something else.

Comment

Who are the astroturfers in question here? Is it a Brit Left sect, or someone else? (This is the sort of stuff I should know, admittedly)

Comment

https://twitter.com/BoingBoing/status/1278330654594342914

Comment

Working...
                                                    X