No announcement yet.

The White Supremacy thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's on the wtf thread Bryan, but yeah, fucking hell. Alabama.

Comment

I think I have mentioned a few times why although I do like a drink (but not able to hang with the god of Beer Mr Berbaslug) I rarely feel comfortable going to a Pub.
      This is a good reason why.....
      It appears that a couple of white supremacists fake “befriended” a random Black man at a bar, kept buying him drinks to deliberately get him drunk so they could ambush attack him.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgOzJIy0tow

Comment

Another thing I have spoken about here.

The army of so-called do gooders traipsing around Africa doing god knows what with little to no oversight.
        I have been challenged here about it a fair few times and told I don't know what I am talking about.

Well I would like those people (and a specific person in particular) to cast their eye on this and pass comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9V4Mm3Indo&t=3s

Comment

ASD doesn't make you racist. It is possible to have ASD and be racist. It is possible to have ASD and not be. It is theoretically plausible that people with ASD can be so focussed on one issue (such as glass by a pool) and unable to 'let go' that their behaviour may appear to be racist.

Given the prior behaviour of the individual in this story, that does not appear to be the case here.

Comment

It's not theoretically plausible that people with ASC (it's not a disorder it's a condition) can be so focused on one issue. It's what happens, to the point of being obsessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
              Another thing I have spoken about here.

The army of so-called do gooders traipsing around Africa doing god knows what with little to no oversight.
              I have been challenged here about it a fair few times and told I don't know what I am talking about.

Well I would like those people (and a specific person in particular) to cast their eye on this and pass comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9V4Mm3Indo&t=3s
              Seems to be a lot of baby formula being prepped in that video.

Would Nestle be a sponsor of the organisation by any chance...

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                It's not theoretically plausible that people with ASC (it's not a disorder it's a condition) can be so focused on one issue. It's what happens, to the point of being obsessed.
                Yes. I was phrasing my post, possibly poorly, firstly with sensitivity to the topic and secondly with specific reference to the context of this story.

I can only really talk about myself, but I find that I can 'let go' of some things externally if I'm prepared, though it usually costs me and I will have to spend a lot of time subsequently managing myself internally. My understanding is that how possible this is will depend on the context and where on the continuum one lies. I have a memory that you've a connection with this, am I right?

Don't want to drag this OT.

Comment

It is considerably more informative and educational than most other surges off topic, though perhaps worthy of a thread by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post

Yes. I was phrasing my post, possibly poorly, firstly with sensitivity to the topic and secondly with specific reference to the context of this story.

I can only really talk about myself, but I find that I can 'let go' of some things externally if I'm prepared, though it usually costs me and I will have to spend a lot of time subsequently managing myself internally. My understanding is that how possible this is will depend on the context and where on the continuum one lies. I have a memory that you've a connection with this, am I right?

Don't want to drag this OT.
                    Yes, my son is on the spectrum, I have worked in SEN and volunteer in groups to support and fund raise.

You're right though, so we'll leave it there.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post

Seems to be a lot of baby formula being prepped in that video.

Would Nestle be a sponsor of the organisation by any chance...
                      And that's a very good point you make there.

Charity work in Africa is a multi-billion $ business which has sadly attracted many dodgy individualsWho waltz around the continent acting like gods and do whatever they like in the full knowledge that if their misdeeds are discovered there will be no sanction.

You can make alot of money opening up a Medical Centre in the middle of the African bush. With half-decent marketing skills you can get alot of charity money from wealthy Philanphopists, Governments, NGO, Multinational companies and big Pharma.

This is an excellent piece by Al Jezeera
                      https://youtu.be/Fz1rw6Uvnhk

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                        Charity work in Africa is a multi-billion $ business which has sadly attracted many dodgy individualsWho waltz around the continent acting like gods and do whatever they like in the full knowledge that if their misdeeds are discovered there will be no sanction.
                        Right enough, who's going to question your noble intentions if you claim to be doing work in the African bush treating sick children? There are also the US evangelical churches imposing their moral bullshit on African countries as a condition to doing their apparently wonderful and life-saving work there (cf. the criminalisation and victimisation of the LGBT community in Uganda). I wish they'd get chased into the fucking Nile.

I've got an instructive story about US Christian charities in Uganda from my short time there in 2012, but it's long and will have to wait until you come by Frankfurt for a cocktail. I think until quite recently we still had that bottle of rum you brought with you to DC, whenever the hell that was (2005?).

Comment

[URL="https://twitter.com/triciatwasiima/status/1143773254953422848?s=21"]https://twitter.com/triciatwasiima/status/1143773254953422848[/URL]

There is a Twitter account called No White Saviors that is depressingly never short of material

Comment

Right enough, who's going to question your noble intentions if you claim to be doing work in the African bush treating sick children? There are also the US evangelical churches imposing their moral bullshit on African countries as a condition to doing their apparently wonderful and life-saving work there (cf. the criminalisation and victimisation of the LGBT community in Uganda). I wish they'd get chased into the fucking Nile.
                            I remember reading a document that made a compelling argument that European Christianity had a worse effect on Africa than the slave trade and colonialism. If I am able to find it, i'll post it. It was an interesting read.
                            As for US evangelicals, see this and pay close attention how he purposefully conflates himself with Jesus to scare the man into not hitting him back.
                            https://youtu.be/xkQ_LL8TFtI

I've got an instructive story about US Christian charities in Uganda from my short time there in 2012, but it's long and will have to wait until you come by Frankfurt for a cocktail. I think until quite recently we still had that bottle of rum you brought with you to DC, whenever the hell that was (2005?).
                            Rum, I remember bringing the Whisky you wanted. I am quite partial to Crown Royale at the moment. But if you want Rum, I have a bottle of 12 year old Havanna Club for you.
                            I would like to hear the story, although I suspect the details won't surprise me.
                            I am really glad most countries in West Africa are not welcoming to this nonsense. And they are much better off for it.

Comment

Ursus, that organisation was mentioned in the Al Jazeera peice I linked to. Depressing stuff.

Comment

Incredibly depressing

And you just know that there are ten more for every one who is exposed.

Comment

that's nice. Wait until the very last day so no-one can do anything about it,.

Comment

Are you surprised, like really?
                                    It would be nice of more white people were exercised by stuff like this rather than whatever nonsense Trump say about a handful of congress members. But you know, it's easy to make a song and dance about symbolic stuff as it means you don't have to address real change.

Comment

So, Mr Genius: if we could vote in the USA, whom should we vote for? (Candidate, not "fuck off, don't be a cunt, sort yourself out for even having to ask" type thing.)

Not even 'Democrat/Republican' thing either. Because if I could vote for the person involved in Nevada, they would raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour. The Democrat guy already put that in motion, and it should be here by 2021. Why would I vote for a Republican, who is lying to win my vote (which I don't have etc)?

Also, and this is highly tangential, are the reparations dependent on how 'slavey' the people are? I'd be fine (NOT MY CHOICE) for $100k for every black person in the country. And you can bet your arse, that 45 is already going through Kenyan records... (his own)

Here's one: Every white person born, or soon to be, born, should be indentured to a non-white person for a period of no less than two years.
                                      Last edited by Gerontophile; 19-07-2019, 16:59.

Comment

Fucking hell, that last post was like the ...

I'm ok with the last sentence. I'm also ok with having 'someone' other than idiots, ruling my life. In Nevada, there are more women than men, in the ...(whatever it's called*)... and, there are 48% non-white.

I literally had to punch my husband out of his chair to go and vote in 2016, and 2018. He votes for whatever, not my problem.

I am so scared.

*legislature?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                          So, Mr Genius: if we could vote in the USA, whom should we vote for? (Candidate, not "fuck off, don't be a cunt, sort yourself out for even having to ask" type thing.)

Not even 'Democrat/Republican' thing either. Because if I could vote for the person involved in Nevada, they would raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour. The Democrat guy already put that in motion, and it should be here by 2021. Why would I vote for a Republican, who is lying to win my vote (which I don't have etc)?
                                          My advice would be to vote for whoever addresses issues that concern you the most.
                                          My issue is with people who chastise black people for choosing to check out of the electoral process when all candidates have made it clear they would not address their issues.

Also, and this is highly tangential, are the reparations dependent on how 'slavey' the people are? I'd be fine (NOT MY CHOICE) for $100k for every black person in the country. And you can bet your arse, that 45 is already going through Kenyan records... (his own)
                                          This is my opinion, if you can trace your ancestory to an american slave then you are eligable. to stop all the reclassified hispanics (yes I am looking at you Coleman Cruz Hughes) or reclassified white people like Rachael Dholazal each applicant has to prove that they have identified as black in all official documentation over the previous 20 years (drivers license, official census). That should sort out most of the carpetbaggers.

Here's one: Every white person born, or soon to be, born, should be indentured to a non-white person for a period of no less than two years.
                                          Not sure if you are serious, but no, I do not agree. Slavery or involuntary servitude in any form is wrong.

Comment

More important Gentro is why there is very little discussion on this:
                                            https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/us/er...ion/index.html

Props for Berbaslug for bringing this up. 1000 more times more important than all that nonsense about the "squad" V Trump spat that has generated pages of comment on OTF.
                                            But you know gossip is always more important than news.

Comment

Hmm I don;t know about that TG. If reminded of the Eric Garner case at any point and asked to speculate the likely outcome of the investigation we would have said that either no charges would be brought, or even if they were they would be minor charges, which would get unanimously rejected by some jury. Because that's what always happens.

The president of the United states saying that people of colour who disagree with him should go back where they came from, and the entire republican party, and all their support lining up behind this new public policy is a much bigger event, and a clear milestone on the road to complete fascism. A similar terrifying story is The one about the census question, which was shot down only because Kennedy doesn't like being lied to, while having little problem with the actual question itself.

Comment

<My issue is with people who chastise black people for choosing to check out of the electoral process when all candidates have made it clear they would not address their issues.>

So how do 'we' help?

(Admittedly, spelling my name/nickname wrong on at least 4 occasions, isn't going to help.)

Hang on... TG, are you black?

Comment

(In my *defence for the above, I haven't spoken to my husband in 11 days. He is 'travelling in Taiwan'.)

Mr TG, I apologise.
                                                  Last edited by Gerontophile; 19-07-2019, 20:20. Reason: *nope. No defence for racism. No excuse for it, and, none for cross-transferral hatred.

Comment

Gentro made me laugh.

I preferred your old avatar from WC 2018, Gero. Can you consider reverting?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X