The White Supremacy thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
    Hmm I don;t know about that TG. If reminded of the Eric Garner case at any point and asked to speculate the likely outcome of the investigation we would have said that either no charges would be brought, or even if they were they would be minor charges, which would get unanimously rejected by some jury. Because that's what always happens.

The president of the United states saying that people of colour who disagree with him should go back where they came from, and the entire republican party, and all their support lining up behind this new public policy is a much bigger event, and a clear milestone on the road to complete fascism. A similar terrifying story is The one about the census question, which was shot down only because Kennedy doesn't like being lied to, while having little problem with the actual question itself.
    Errrm, I thought the president doesn't really have any power when it comes to racism. I remember a few on here labouring that very same point when I critisised Obama's policy on handling police brutality. Now suddenly he has power. Hopefully someone can explain that to me in a way that makes sense?
    Also Garner was killed in 2015 whilst Obama was President so putting this 100% on Trump is unfair.

The president of the United states saying that people of colour who disagree with him should go back where they came from, and the entire republican party, and all their support lining up behind this new public policy is a much bigger event, and a clear milestone on the road to complete fascism.
    So a few thick-skinned politicians being abused in a playground manner is a bigger deal than police killing unarmed black people, that a very liberal response there. You know it's probably the millionth time those ladies have heard that right. In the pantheon of insults you can throw at non-white people, that ranks at 1046.

After all, British people feel exactly the same and the "go back to where you come from" was a popular slogan in the UK back in the 70's and 80's and is the sentiment behind Brexit (send them Eastern Europeans back)

Comment

Garner was murdered in July 2014.

A Staten Island grand jury elected not to bring state charges in December of that year (many of the materials from that case have yet to be released). As I am sure TG knows, Staten Island is home to a seriously disproportional number of NYPD when compared to the other boroughs. Not coincidentally, it is by far the most conservative of the five boroughs, and the only one to have voted for Trump (57/40, compared to 79/19 for Clinton in the city as a whole).

Eric Holder announced the DOJ investigation shortly after the grand jury decision.

It has long been reported that the career prosecutors in the DOJ have been in favour of bringing federal charges against Pantaleo (at least), but have been repeatedly stymied by higher ups in the Trump DOJ. There is an argument that the Obama DOJ should have brought the indictments before the change in administration, but this is another area in which the fact that they were sure HRC would win led to complacency and has now resulted in injustice. As with putting the final nail into the SDNY investigation of the Trump Organization for campaign finance violations, it took Bill Barr asserting total control over the DOJ for the administration to be able to kill the case dead. It is also worth noting that the Garners were focused on the civil suit against the NYPD in 2015 (which they settled for more than USD 5 million) and that the NYPD has made the investigation as hard as possible for the federal authorities.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

So a few thick-skinned politicians being abused in a playground manner is a bigger deal than police killing unarmed black people, that a very liberal response there. You know it's probably the millionth time those ladies have heard that right. In the pantheon of insults you can throw at non-white people, that ranks at 1046.
        I get what you say (but why assume that politicians must necessarily be thick-skinned; they're humans as well, aren't they?) but the abuse here has very definite chain reactions so while obviously unarmed people being kiilled is infinitely worse I don't think you can shrug off the insults quite so easily.

Comment

Errrm, I thought the president doesn't really have any power when it comes to racism. I remember a few on here labouring that very same point when I critisised Obama's policy on handling police brutality.

The president can only do so much to stop states which want to be utter arseholes, however that doesn't mean that a president can't make the situation a whole lot worse, by removing federal oversight, while waiting to pack the Supreme court in order to make alabama's version of policing the national legal norm. The President has limited powers to make things better, but as we can clearly see, he has substantial capacity to make things worse. And no matter how bad things are at the moment, they can always get worse.

o a few thick-skinned politicians being abused in a playground manner is a bigger deal than police killing unarmed black people, that a very liberal response there. You know it's probably the millionth time those ladies have heard that right. In the pantheon of insults you can throw at non-white people, that ranks at 1046.

You don't think that it's a big deal for the president to say to a descendent of slaves that if she doesn't like the way things are, she should go home? You don't think that it's a bit of a departure for this to move from twitter trolls, to the fucking president of the United States, who has made this the official policy of the republican party, and who has made it a rallying call for his fucking 'base' of degenerate scum? I don't know if you would be saying that if you lived in the US. This is a seriously bad moment. Things can always get worse. It bears repeating.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
            <My issue is with people who chastise black people for choosing to check out of the electoral process when all candidates have made it clear they would not address their issues.>

So how do 'we' help?
            Good question.
            If you see instances of police brutality on a black person, film it, attempt to intervene (whilst keeping yourself safe). It is known that Police tend to back off and act more sensibly when a white person intervenes.
            If you are in a jury, give the black person a fair hearing (I am not asking you to let him off if he is clearly guilty) If there are any members of the jury spouting bigoted views before hearing the evidence, report it. The OTF Lawyers can advise when this can disqualify a juror.
            When you are work and you hear people talking racist stuff about black people, say nothing, do not challenge them, then go and find the nearest black person and tell them what's up.

Don't waste your time protesting, marching around in circles and all that other bullshit

(Admittedly, spelling my name/nickname wrong on at least 4 occasions, isn't going to help.)

Hang on... TG, are you black?
            Is Sadio Mane?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

You don't think that it's a big deal for the president to say to a descendent of slaves that if she doesn't like the way things are, she should go home? You don't think that it's a bit of a departure for this to move from twitter trolls, to the fucking president of the United States, who has made this the official policy of the republican party, and who has made it a rallying call for his fucking 'base' of degenerate scum? I don't know if you would be saying that if you lived in the US. This is a seriously bad moment. Things can always get worse. It bears repeating.
              Exactly.

(And this emphasises and amplifies why each and every member of the Brexit Party in the UK is a worthless piece of racist shit.)

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

I get what you say (but why assume that politicians must necessarily be thick-skinned; they're humans as well, aren't they?)
                That's a fair point, but you don't get to where they have got in their careers without some people saying horrible things about you. I am sure they have heard much much worse.
                I cannot speak for the US experience of this insult, it was a standard comeback from a white person you upset in the UK growing up. It was the equivalent of someone giving you the middle finger or the wanker sign.

but the abuse here has very definite chain reactions so while obviously unarmed people being kiilled is infinitely worse I don't think you can shrug off the insults quite so easily.
                I think the ship has sailed on that a long time ago.

Last edited by Tactical Genius; 20-07-2019, 13:33.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  Garner was murdered in July 2014.

A Staten Island grand jury elected not to bring state charges in December of that year (many of the materials from that case have yet to be released). As I am sure TG knows, Staten Island is home to a seriously disproportional number of NYPD when compared to the other boroughs. Not coincidentally, it is by far the most conservative of the five boroughs, and the only one to have voted for Trump (57/40, compared to 79/19 for Clinton in the city as a whole).

Eric Holder announced the DOJ investigation shortly after the grand jury decision.

It has long been reported that the career prosecutors in the DOJ have been in favour of bringing federal charges against Pantaleo (at least), but have been repeatedly stymied by higher ups in the Trump DOJ. There is an argument that the Obama DOJ should have brought the indictments before the change in administration, but this is another area in which the fact that they were sure HRC would win led to complacency and has now resulted in injustice. As with putting the final nail into the SDNY investigation of the Trump Organization for campaign finance violations, it took Bill Barr asserting total control over the DOJ for the administration to be able to kill the case dead. It is also worth noting that the Garners were focused on the civil suit against the NYPD in 2015 (which they settled for more than USD 5 million) and that the NYPD has made the investigation as hard as possible for the federal authorities.
                  Ursus, thanks on the correction, 2014 is even worse then.
                  Regarding the Obama administration leaving it to Clinton, that could be read as cowardice and abdication of duties, a typical Obama theme. I doub't a Clinton administration would have done different as politicians are so afraid of police unions. These is one of the things Reparations would address.

Comment

I disagree with your conclusion as to what a Clinton Administration would have done, but it certainly isn't a sure thing, especially given her spotty record on criminal justice in general.

It isn't an excuse, but having worked on a few, I can attest to the fact that establishing the record for a federal civil rights case is a difficult and time-consuming exercise, particularly when one is constantly being obstructed by the local officials (which is virtually always the case). State level cases based on the same facts are much easier to put together.

The thing that I am virtually certain of is that Pantaleo would have been indicted if he had murdered Garner in the exact same circumstances in Brooklyn. Of course, it is equally true that no Brooklyn precinct would have been conducting that kind of "operation" in the same way (or at all).

It is maddening that the administration of "justice" here can be so dependent on artificial boundaries.

Comment

Ursus, I conceede you know more about US politics than I am and you are closer to these high powered wheeler dealers.
                      I can only go on previous behaviour from the Clintons and it doesn't look good.

1994 crime bill
                      Hillary escapades in Africa as secretary of state
                      Hillay calling black men super predetors

With that mindset I see nothing to inform me she would act differently.

Comment

All of which (and more) is why I see it as very much not a sure thing. I'd likely have put the odds at something like 60-40, with a lot being dependent on her choices for senior criminal justice positions, given that my view assumes that she would have been convinced to move left on such issues by some of her more progressive backers.

You, sir, are more informed about these issues than 95 percent of the population here.

Comment

Long, but worth one's time

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1158723851506917377

Comment

Two mounted lead a handcuffed black suspect down the street on a rope in Texas.
                            Could have just as easily gone in the US misconduct thread or even the WTF thread, but this seemed most appropriate.

Comment

I was torn myself as to where to put it

Comment

Ah, had you already posted this?

Comment

No, you put it up before I could decide where it should go.

I agree with your choice, too.

Comment

A usual run of the mill SWS harrasing a black man entering a building.
                                    What was interesting was the interaction between the father and son.

White Supremacy passed down from Father to son, live on the internet. This gentleman is apparently a google employee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8bc9Q__iTQ
                                    Last edited by Tactical Genius; 06-08-2019, 22:52.

Comment

......and it get worse

10 year old Black kid arrested and charged playing dodgeball in school.
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YjbhmFq7Hk

I think that you're just a damned sight too keen to stick as many incidents in the WS column as you can
                                      The mass shooter over the weekend allegedly caused a school lockdown when he drew up a kill list on the bathroom wall
                                      https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...t-on-wall.html

For that he was only suspended According to his former school Principal... Suspended FFS

Surprise surprise, the Gilroy shooter also had a hit list, the same shooter who at least one poster is not convinced is a White Supremacist terrorist
                                      https://www.latimes.com/california/s...errorism-probe

Comment

Did you read your own link, TG? It says:

John F. Bennett, FBI special agent in charge, said the garlic festival was one of several potential targets listed. Others included religious organizations, courthouses, federal buildings and political institutions involving both the Republican and Democratic parties.

Authorities are continuing to try to determine a motive for the attack in Gilroy and investigate Legan’s background. Authorities have not determined whether he was a white nationalist, but they have not ruled it out either, Bennett said.

“We have uncovered evidence that the shooter was exploring violent ideologies,” he said. On Thursday, the agent had noted that written materials taken from Legan’s residence in Nevada ran the ideological gamut.

Researchers are increasingly seeing shooters with a broad range of motivations and, at times, conflicting ideologies, which can make it difficult to classify attacks and pinpoint their motivations, said Brian Levin, director of Cal State San Bernardino’s Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism.

“We see that in the far right, but we also see it in anarchists,” he said. “Traditionally, what we’ve seen is some kind of curation about where aggression is directed, but there’s a whole cadre of extremists whose goal is really about bringing society to its knees. Violence is not just a means to promote an ideology. It’s become an ideology itself.”

After the above I'm still not convinced that the killer was a WS terrorist. Are you? But if that's the FBI's ultimate conclusion, that's fine by me.

Comment

NS, I did read the link and it is as baffling as it is informative. You do know the FBI like all areas of the US government and law enforcement have been infiltrated by White Supremacists. And this isn't some conspiracy theory, it's a fact.
                                          If would only be fair to warn you I am about to do the two things you hate me do:

Provide evidence to back up what I am saying.
                                          And claim I have said it before.

So you may wish to look away at this point....

The FBI themselves commission a report back in 2006 warning about this and it was buried.
                                          A heavily redacted version here
                                          https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...on-of-Law.html

There are so many incidents of Police officers and government officials throwing the WS handsign (and it is the WS handsign, they are not making the OK signal) That I stopped posting it a while back. When you see US coastguards throwing the sign on TV during a national emergency you know the WS have taken over.
                                          https://youtu.be/d8hAY2Rw7BE

When black people set up an organisation to protect their community and teach self-defence and gun rights, suddenly the cloud of confusion lifts and the FBI springs into action labelling all as Black Identity Extremists and indiscriminately locking up black people.
                                          But with White Supremacy, suddenly everyone is confused.
                                          This is an interesting programme (despite its founder being a member of the Alt-Right).
                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1jvAsoa7HA

But If you are happy to believe the FBI over your lying eyes, then good for you.
                                          I will say this, you may want to ignore White Supremacy, but White Supremacy will not ignore you. And you are as much a target as I am.
                                          Last edited by Tactical Genius; 07-08-2019, 08:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                                            What hand sign are you referring to?
                                            Check the link directly under where I made the comment.

Comment

Genuine question. How does one differentiate between a WS sign and the sign that always used to mean OK (and means ok in Makaton and poss other sign systems. )

Obviously context helps but I can imagine a great many where it must be ambiguous.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                                                Genuine question. How does one differentiate between a WS sign and the sign that always used to mean OK (and means ok in Makaton and poss other sign systems. )

Obviously context helps but I can imagine a great many where it must be ambiguous.
                                                That's a good question and that's the whole point of picking this sign.
                                                It is a dog whistle that will go completely over the head of those it is not intended for whilst providing a measure of plausible deniability when they are rumbled whilst they nudge and wink at each other. This is White Supremacy 21st century style where they hide in plain sight and communicate with each other in ways it is difficult to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                                                  This reinforces my point. Even if this is right, then there must be many members of the US government on 4Chan participating in the "hoax" which begs the question, What are they all doing on a messageboard with links to White Supremacy?

Either way, it looks deeply suspicious don't you think?

Comment

To go back to ChrisJ's question, at least in my experience, the non-problematic use of that hand sign went out with black and white television and trolleys/trams in Manhattan. There may be more genuine confusion outside of the coastal elite bubbles I inhabit.

I don't think that there is any question that Stephen Miller is a white supremacist. Even his family has renounced him. And all he does is write many of the president's major speeches and executive orders.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X