No announcement yet.

The White Supremacy thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now it's Danny Glover the actor and "friend of Harry Belafonte" Yes, that's was what he was introduced as.
    I thought he only played shuffling old Negroes, I didn't know he was one in real life. Now he's giving a lesson on his family tree. This isn't some old family tree documentary on PBS or the History Channel. This is terrible.

Comment

Why haven't they invited Yvette Carnell and Antonio Moore. These two people are the ones who coined the term ADOS and brought it to the national conscience with their activism.

Comment

Two people have quoted MLK, yet none have quoted his thoughts on reparations
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NNvzVCVhIM

Comment

Now you have a white woman who's family owned slaves. She went onto make more money making a documentary on slavery. I got a conference call to join that is saving me from this nonsense.

Comment

.........And she has been the most astute and spot on person so far............

Comment

I hope this is somehow therapeutic for you

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                I hope this is somehow therapeutic for you
                I'm listening to this again. Malcolm X must be spinning in his grave I mean opening it with celebrities to talk on behalf of Black society, what woul;d he make of that?
                You know what, I'll let him say it in his own blunt way.
                https://youtu.be/h5usO1TGm24

Comment

Here is a rebuttal of the standard anti-reparations argument point by point from a member of the new black media that I follow:

1. "I never owned slaves so I'm not responsible" - Slavery was sanctioned by the federal government, and all those UNDER the government profited from free Black labour. So the same government & its subjects owe Black people for the free labour that accumulated ALL the wealth today

2. "I'm Irish, so am I owed reparations?" - Irish indentured servants already received two forms of reparations. One was Freedom Dues (money & land). And the second, was all the tangible benefits that came with the first Affirmative Action program called white supremacy/ Jim Crow.

3. "Reparations talk will make white people uncomfortable" .. Guess what else is uncomfortable? *Slavery *Jim Crow *Lynching *Gentrification *Racial mass incarceration *state sanctioned police and white vigilante murders So our compensation isn't contingent upon your "feelings"

4. "Why am I responsible for the SINS of my forefathers?" - Your ancestors PROFITED for their "sins". And the PROFITS for those sins were passed down generationally to YOU. And those profits have been racially locked into the dominant society AWAY from the descendants of slaves

5. "How would we distribute payments for reparations?" The same way you distribute payments to Native American tribes on a regular basis.

6. What about immigrant groups who came over AFTER slavery, who were mistreated?" They came here VOLUNTARILY & they have ZERO to do with the debt that's owed to Black Americans. Immigrant groups came here to enjoy the wealth that was ALREADY GENERATED FROM FREE BLACK LABOR

7. "There are no slaves alive today".... In order to justify American slavery, a culture of vile anti-Black racism was created and placed into ALL AREAS of activity. That systematic culture has been passed down TODAY and it has magnified into genocidal proportions at this point

8. "Slavery was so long ago. Why are we worrying about ANCIENT history?" One of the last Black American slaves who has verifiable documents that he was sold to plantation owners before the Civil War was a man named Sylvester Magee who died in 1971

9. "Why should my tax dollars pay for something I didn't do?" I didn't put Japanese ppl in internment camps,but my tax dollars went to paying them. I didn't destroy the World Trade Center, but my tax dollars went to pay 9/11 victims. So tax dollars should be used to compensate us

10. “The Civil War was reparations.” Northern whites started randomly killing Black people (the draft riots) when the Civil War was announced. And Union soldiers killed thousands of Black People AFTER the Civil War in a concentration camp in Natchez MS. So we need 3 payments

Comment

As I've said before, I'm not a great fan of the reparations for something that happened several generations ago.

But some of the arguments against that I've heard today are such utter bollocks that my position has shifted. If you're going to argue - as I've seen on the internet today - that descendants of slavery shouldn't get reparations because then the descendants of white people who fought to end slavery should also get reparations, then your logic is so seriously fucked that you're probably wrong about everything.

Comment

Curtis Flowers, who has been tried six times for a multiple murder in Mississippi, has had his conviction quashed by the Supreme Court. He could be tried again, but if so, that would most likely not be by the white (alleged supremacist) prosecutor Doug Evans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48723972

Comment

As a lawyer, I consider that "alleged" to be superfluous

Comment

Haha.

As I've banged on about before, the In The Dark podcast is extraordinary on this extraordinary case. I think it's the best journalism I've ever heard in podcast form. The time and resources they put into it is humbling. It's maybe the best podcast ever.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                            As I've said before, I'm not a great fan of the reparations for something that happened several generations ago.

But some of the arguments against that I've heard today are such utter bollocks that my position has shifted. If you're going to argue - as I've seen on the internet today - that descendants of slavery shouldn't get reparations because then the descendants of white people who fought to end slavery should also get reparations, then your logic is so seriously fucked that you're probably wrong about everything.
                            Welcome to the right side of History brother.
                            It says something about bad that farce was it was almost impossible to tell who was for and against reparations as all were at pains to say they were against a financial restitution. It was the epitome of controlled opposition.
                            It reminds me of the the saying, "The definition of propaganda is when something is presented as opposition when it is actually in agreement".

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                              That's a new one to me. I thought it was "then what's to stop confiscations from the descendants of slave owners?"
                              We have this to a certain extent in the UK, reparations for the poor from the rich (the assumption being a lot of their assets were accrued immorally on the backs of the working class).
                              It's called Inheritance Tax.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                Curtis Flowers, who has been tried six times for a multiple murder in Mississippi, has had his conviction quashed by the Supreme Court. He could be tried again, but if so, that would most likely not be by the white (alleged supremacist) prosecutor Doug Evans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48723972
                                Moves space in his shopfront to display DD's merchandise in prime position.
                                I would pretend to know much about this case (thanks for the podcast reference, i'll look into it). I remember reading about a Kentucky Judge (I think) Olu Stevens who objected to all white juries in his courtroom. He had a run in with a local prosecutor which got pretty public and nasty.

Comment

lawyer comparing how free speech is treated by the courts depending on whether it comes from armed white supremacists or Deray Mckesson from Black Lives Matter

The RAM and Mckesson cases were decided in different circuits, but there is only one Constitution, and only one set of Supreme Court case law, which both courts are sworn to apply. The only distinction I can see between the cases is one which—by the rules of mainstream public discourse—I am not supposed to mention. But I am southern by birth, raised during the death agonies of Jim Crow. I know that, in the South at large, including the three states of the Fifth Circuit, the terror of slave revolt sounds a faint nightmare tocsin in white ancestral memory. To a certain cast of the judicial imagination, speech by a DeRay Mckesson may seem to be unprotected because something about Mckesson may seem uniquely dangerous.

What could that something”be?

Comment

Such things can manifest themselves in a wide variety of ways. And he may have no control over it. He seems to live a very complicated life. The Anti-gay stuff is particularly eye catching, what with him being married to a man and all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                      Such things can manifest themselves in a wide variety of ways. And he may have no control over it. He seems to live a very complicated life. The Anti-gay stuff is particularly eye catching, what with him being married to a man and all.
                                      Sounds like a very complicated illness where he only harasses black women. I could go through his comments and break them down why I find it hard to believe his side of the story.
                                      I am also not sure what his sexuality has to do with this. Being gay does not oblige you to be an LGBT advocate, or does it?

Comment

Being gay doesn't oblige you to be an LGBTQ advocate, but being openly married to another man suggests that you probably shouldn't be slagging them off either. What happened to those poor women is horrible, but without knowing very much about his condition, it would be hard to say if he is really in control of what he is doing in such situations.

Comment

Being gay doesn't oblige you to be an LGBTQ advocate, but being openly married to another man suggests that you probably shouldn't be slagging them off either. What happened to those poor women is horrible, but without knowing very much about his condition, it would be hard to say if he is really in control of what he is doing in such situations.
                                          I would be more inclined to agree with you if there is evidence he harasses white women like this for such a minor infraction. Not seen any of this so far.

Comment

Harassing black women might be one of the ways in which his condition manifests itself. The point is that There's no rhyme nor reason to it. Someone in his family or immediate circle needs to get a grip of this situation though. This is not working out for anyone.

Comment

Harassing black women might be one of the ways in which his condition manifests itself. The point is that There's no rhyme nor reason to it. Someone in his family or immediate circle needs to get a grip of this situation though. This is not working out for anyone.
                                              Dude, it's only black women, who cares......... until one of their boyfriends or Husbands get a hold of his throat as they are more than entitled to do in this situation. I am sure that would prompt people into action.

There really is no excuse for this, if he cannot control himself or be adequately supervised, then he should be taken off the streets. Women have the right not to be stalked or followed around for a mile by someone who can't or won't control themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

Dude, it's only black women, who cares......... until one of their boyfriends or Husbands get a hold of his throat as they are more than entitled to do in this situation. I am sure that would prompt people into action.

There really is no excuse for this, if he cannot control himself or be adequately supervised, then he should be taken off the streets. Women have the right not to be stalked or followed around for a mile by someone who can't or won't control themselves.
                                                yes, well it does seem like it has moved into that sort of territory. I mean if he is neuro-atypical as he claims then I would give him a certain degree of latitude as regards responsibility, but that doesn't take away from the impact that he had on those women.

Comment

Recipe for most insane news story of the year: take the stand the ground law, mix in some draconian and twisted abortion law, let simmer in a racist state, the result:

Pregnant black woman charged with manslaughter of own feoutus after being shot five times on the stomach. Shooter walks free.

you, really, really can't make this shit up

Comment

Working...
                                                  X