Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rt Hon. "Sid Cup" MP for Old Bexley

So.

To belabour the joke from 1974 General Election and the former leader of the Conservative Party.

James Brokenshire as the Communities, Housing, and Local Government.

Affordable housing, decent treatment, and proper funding for local authorities for all then.

(Or possibly not.)

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
    So.

To belabour the joke from 1974 General Election and the former leader of the Conservative Party.

James Brokenshire as the Communities, Housing, and Local Government.

Affordable housing, decent treatment, and proper funding for local authorities for all then.

(Or possibly not.)
    After being made ill by the "Angola" that is the NI Secretary post, best of luck to him.

Comment

Will there be subtitles?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
        Will there be subtitles?
        Hoondootedlty

Comment

Just died.

Comment

As I said at when he was Sec of State for NI, when Duncan Gardener talked about "Brokenshire" I just assumed it was one of his gags about the state of Northern Irish politics rather than a real person.

Comment

Another good Tory!

Comment

When I searched for him here, the other thread about him (that I thought was less appropriate to announce his death in) is the one that details his position as refusing visa to grandparents living in Zimbabwe to attend the funeral of a five year old hit by a car.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...neral-zimbabwe

I think it is interesting given the (no doubt genuine) comments about him being kind and decent that "kind and decent" people can do such a thing and still be thought "kind and decent". I guess you could ascribe it to the overwhelmingly institutional racist inhumanity of the Home Office, or whether "kind and decent" in this context just means "courteous and friendly" or some combination of the two.

Comment

It's proper offensive how some use "kind and decent" for filthy scumbags like him.

Comment

So there'll be a by-election then

Comment

Not an interesting one, though.

Comment

Very safe Tory (even in 97 the majority was 4k or so I think). Lib Dems nowhere so only the swings are going to catch the eye here

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                          As I said at when he was Sec of State for NI, when Duncan Gardener talked about "Brokenshire" I just assumed it was one of his gags about the state of Northern Irish politics rather than a real person.
                          Silly named NI hacks? Heaven forbid

JB wasn't the most hapless recent head honcho. But then being a giant of international peace making by comparison with Karen Bradley isn't the greatest recommendation...

Comment

I lived out that way for a few years. Thatcherite doesn’t even begin to describe it. Heaths old manor. Labour and others would need to campaign for the LibDems to give the junta any worries.
                            I mentioned the possibility of moving out there ten years or so ago on here and was advised not to. I wish I’d listened, apologies for not listening. It’s almost a piss take of suburbia. I was in my 50s and found it too sedate. If you wanted excitement you had to go out in London after work. Having never lived in suburbia I thought kids whinging about it were spoilt brats but ferchrissakes they get my sympathy now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post
                              I lived out that way for a few years. Thatcherite doesn’t even begin to describe it. Heaths old manor. Labour and others would need to campaign for the LibDems to give the junta any worries.
                              I mentioned the possibility of moving out there ten years or so ago on here and was advised not to. I wish I’d listened, apologies for not listening. It’s almost a piss take of suburbia. I was in my 50s and found it too sedate. If you wanted excitement you had to go out in London after work. Having never lived in suburbia I thought kids whinging about it were spoilt brats but ferchrissakes they get my sympathy now.
                              Presumably you had a different user name 10 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                Presumably you had a different user name 10 years ago?
                                I don’t think I had the stesta bit back then. There was a Broken Clock at one point.

Comment

Sidcup is 1) Ted Heath, as mentioned, and 2) Heslop in Porridge. The latter probably made a bigger impression on my memory.

Comment

It still beggars (my) belief that Heath hung on in parliament until 2001.

Comment

Don't forget: "You've never been south of Sidcup" from some Python sketch. Can't remember which one. It's fifty years ago and my memory is starting to fade...

Comment

New Brain from Curry's

http://montypython.50webs.com/scripts/Series_3/110.htm

Comment

Working...
                                        X