Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny? or does it leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Oc...g/hawkmain.jpg

Well, certainly not that funny. But I wouldn't call it distasteful. Seems like a fairly accurate homage. Really depends upon what its intent was, I'd say.

Comment

I was having a nose around The Bear Factory in Brighton a couple of months ago and they sell little wheelchairs for the bears in there.

It's difficult to say whether it's in really *bad* taste or is just a kind of lazy joke without knowing the context, I guess.

Comment

There was no context to this post on Digg, just the image, so you can't tell what the intent was.

Comment

Offensive? Offensive? It's the best thing I've ever seen in my life.

Comment

Well, top 5, anyway. Certainly the best Lego.

Comment

No 'worse' than The Brick Testament.

In fact, we can at least prove that Stephen Hawking exists, so yet again it's religion 0, hard Lego ...I mean science... 1.

Comment

Lego vs Science - Score Draw.
                Lego vs Christanity - Home Win.

I also went into a Lego shop recently and was utterly befuddled by all the things they had on sale in there. It's not often that I feel really old, but I did in there. I had no idea what was going on.

Comment

Fucking hell, that made me dribbling water all down my front.

Comment

Not offensive. As loathe as I am to use this phrase: It is what it is. How could you depict Stephen Hawking any other way? To do so would not be realistic. It would be, in effect, saying that he's not 'perfect', so he needs to be made 'perfect' in artist renderings. I'm sure he would find that more offensive than this.

Comment

The_Liquidator wrote:
                      Fucking hell, that made me dribbling water all down my front.
                      Apparently it also made you losing your ability to speak English as well.

Comment

The Brick Testament is high fucking art.

Comment

Suggested tribute thread title: Fanny? Does it leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Comment

I gave it some consideration this afternoon whilst sitting in the pub, and came to the conclusion that I can't see that he would get offended by it. If he wouldn't (and there is obviously a degree of supposition going on here), it's difficult to see why anyone else should on his behalf.

Comment

I gave it some consideration this afternoon whilst sitting in the pub
                              Blimey, it's a tough old life, isn't it?

Comment

This is my first holiday since May. I thought I'd better use it constructively.

Comment

evilC wrote:
                                  No 'worse' than The Brick Testament.

In fact, we can at least prove that Stephen Hawking exists, so yet again it's religion 0, hard Lego ...I mean science... 1.
                                  God, eh?

What a git

Comment

Femme Folle wrote:
                                    Not offensive. As loathe as I am to use this phrase: It is what it is. How could you depict Stephen Hawking any other way? To do so would not be realistic. It would be, in effect, saying that he's not 'perfect', so he needs to be made 'perfect' in artist renderings. I'm sure he would find that more offensive than this.
                                    Maybe he could get some hard-line cosmology organisation to decree that "Thou shalt not depict Hawking or make objects bearing his likeness, on pain of death"?

Comment

twohundredpercent wrote:
                                      I also went into a Lego shop recently and was utterly befuddled by all the things they had on sale in there. It's not often that I feel really old, but I did in there. I had no idea what was going on.
                                      Do they still make proper Lego kits that can be made into something else when you're bored with what's on the box, because whenever I look at Lego kits they seem to be very specific in what parts you get, so you can't turn a plane into a motorbike like you used to be able to.

Comment

Etienne wrote:
                                        Suggested tribute thread title: Fanny? Does it leave a bad taste in your mouth?
                                        It would no doubt lead to hilarity due to the Atlantic cultural divide. As an aside, just how did the divergence in meaning happen in the slang world of American english and the Queen's?

Comment

Why? What's 'fanny' mean there that it doesn't here?

Comment

U.S. fanny = posterior

British fanny = anterior

Comment

Do they still make proper Lego kits that can be made into something else when you're bored with what's on the box
                                              Yes, but you have to look very, very hard for them amongst the dragons, space ships and motorbikes that turn into dragons and space ships. I bought a Lego chess set in the end.

Comment

That is excellent but, if I ate it, it would probably leave a bad taste in my mouth

Comment

Working...
                                                X