No announcement yet.

My centrist mates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a weird time to have a slight media pile-on. I ended up on the phone to Andrew Orlowski at The Register and he told me about how - at the time - it was basically a bunch of Noo Media marketing types who saw anyone else who wasn't in marketing as an alien. I think that they gave up after myself and a few friends manage to create enough to get "Paul Carr is a bellend" trending...

Comment

Bang on cue, Wingco's thrown out another piece of Blair-baiting red meat on his FB today and all the same people have leapt on it, saying exactly the same things, wishing so hard The Nice Men Who Looked After Me In 1997 would come back

Comment

I can't see anything on FB or Twitter but I don't use either that frequently so I might just be being a bit daft.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
          Bang on cue, Wingco's thrown out another piece of Blair-baiting red meat on his FB today and all the same people have leapt on it, saying exactly the same things, wishing so hard The Nice Men Who Looked After Me In 1997 would come back
          I've blocked half of his Friend list, and visiting his page is a much nicer experience.

Comment

I dunno, that bloke who never stops going on and on and on and on about Corbyn is quite funny. I mean he must stop from time to time to eat or breathe or stuff, but I have no idea how someone could be so obsessed with one subject and still carry on a life of sorts.

Comment

The word "Corbyn" is uttered so much more frequently by his obsessive opponents than by his supposedly obsessive "cult-like" supporters

Comment

I know, I mean, I assume I live in some kind of left wing bubble but I have never yet encountered one of these obsessive Corbynites for whom Saint Jezza is the messiah. And yet I see online loads of people who are utterly utterly obsessed with Corbyn. There's a journalist who is not one of wingco's crew, called Ian Leslie, who I follow on twitter because I liked a few of his articles in the past, but over the last 2 years he has talked about nothing else. He's completely hatstand

Comment

I was at a meeting and then a drink-up with some Labour left Corbyn supporters on Monday, at which his name was mentioned perhaps once.

Comment

I think that proves just how cult-like is their devotion that they can maintain Stalinist levels of discretion and discipline. I bet they were secretly drinking watre instead of vodka, and pouring their pints into conveniently placed shrubbery in order to maintain their discipline and mine weak-minded social democratic fools for titbits.

Comment

Brilliantly pithy comment from former OTFer The Horse yesterday after Corbyn walked out of May's meeting, which sums up much of this thread (and references most of the same people)
                      https://twitter.com/jackseale/status/1108453555109879808

Comment

Clearly he walked out on a seismic, game-changing meeting.

Comment

really sorry not to be able to read your posts Wingco.

John Harris has just posted this on Twitter

https://twitter.com/johnharris1969/status/1110093161400016897

I wonder how he and the sensible centrists would have responded if Labour had launched a class- based attack on Jacob Rees Mogg's son.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                            really sorry not to be able to read your posts Wingco.

John Harris has just posted this on Twitter

https://twitter.com/johnharris1969/status/1110093161400016897

I wonder how he and the sensible centrists would have responded if Labour had launched a class- based attack on Jacob Rees Mogg's son.
                            His son looks scary, like a young Damien Thorne. I bet he can cause heart attacks just by staring at you or control crows to peck you to death.

Comment

Is that Barry Gardiner doing his best Mr Toad impression? Poop Poop indeed.

Comment

That’s Ian Duncan Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

His son looks scary, like a young Damien Thorne. I bet he can cause heart attacks just by staring at you or control crows to peck you to death.
                                  As I said on the Twitter, That Family Is Not Normal.

Comment

Aduts making fun about a slight kid with glasses.

No wonder there's still a huge bullying culture in this country.

Comment

Well, he looks and is being raised exactly like his father. And look how well that turned out.

Comment

Yeah, there's an interview they did with his dad around that age, and the first time I saw it I was wondering how he had made it so far without being pushed in front of a bus. Maybe this poor eejit is different, but the poor cunt hasn't won the lottery on either the nature or nurture side. Though if his dad is anything to go by, we'll be the ones to suffer as a result.

Comment

Dear, oh dear.

Comment

Many of these centrists don't have any clue about policies. I don't think they're even really that interested. There was one contributor to one of the Facebook threads who pined for Blair and said almost dreamily that they just wished for the days when the left stood for meritocracy. And I thought, ok, while I'm no fan of simple meritocracy as an end goal, that does at least imply scrapping inheritance ̶t̶a̶x̶, scrapping private education, ... and a whole host of policies that if espoused by Corbyn would be objected to as extreme and unrealistic. (Sadly I never actually got around to replying, not enough time, but it would likely have fallen on deaf ears anyway.)
                                            Last edited by Jimski; 26-03-2019, 10:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                              Dear, oh dear.
                                              I, for one, cannot wait until Mogg's kid reaches the nasty teenage years when he wants to rebel against his parents, and turns into the most radical communist this side of TonTon.

Comment

I think he would have a colourable claim for asylum

Comment

Yeah, but you'd have to worry that he's already been radicalized.

Comment

Not forgetting that there's six of them.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X