No announcement yet.

My centrist mates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I've snoozed WingCo for 30 days because I can't cope with these cunts. They're truly vile vile vile human beings.

Comment

They make me cheered by news of the collapse of journalism as industry.

Comment

You're missing out on some good stuff. He does have some folk not worth interacting with, so I don't...

Comment

Yeh, blocking most of the people leaves quite pleasant company and wingco is always good value.

Comment

They're not all awful - in fact a couple of the genuinely right-leaning people there are alright - but it's more the "I wish I was a lefty but Jeremy Corbyn has made it impossible for me to be one" self-pitying whingers that stick in the craw the most. Utterly dishonest bad-faith debaters.

Comment

Are some of them supposed to be well-known?

Comment

Stuart Maconie's mates?

Comment

I just took a look at wingco's page literally 30 seconds ago. Nothing on there except a 4hr old post by wingco linking to a piece by him about Kraftwerk and saying he was going away for a few hours. He must have deleted whatever post led to the comments that have you guys all fuelled up with disgust at the vile centrists, so I'll just have to take your word for the alleged bad behaviour, and dismiss the possibility that you are extrapolating from a small handful of trouble makers to tar the entire world of "centrism" with the same brush.

Comment

Nope, it's still there, you're just not seeing it.

Comment

Ah, OK, point taken. The sodding FB algorithms decide what I get to see and what I don't even when I visit a friend's page apparently.

Comment

I don't know if it's shutting you out for content - if I visit a friend's page, then decide to go back and read again, unless I get a notification/am tagged, I often can't find it unless I hit "timeline".

Comment

It's a day or two old. I wouldn't go making a huge effort or owt.

​​​​

Comment

It's still there. A fire blazing on multiple fronts. I'm on a book deadline and can't be monitoring the thing like a fire marshall. I feel bad, as if I should be moderating or chipping in but I just have to stay away. Cheers to all who spoke solid sense on it.

Comment

Don't worry about that wingco. It's not like anything you say or do is going to stop people doing what they do.

Comment

A music pal (who knows nothing of the wingco connection etc.) messaged me yesterday to say “Gavin Martin’s Tweets. Sheesh.” I think they had some interaction due to Tim’s Listening Party. I blocked GM a while back but had a look, and he’s still flogging the same thing.

Comment

An insightful centrist mate, earlier

https://twitter.com/howupsetting/status/1299644715462275073?s=21

Comment

A centrist American friend of mine is Democrat and was against Bernie Sanders because "he is too extreme", and Biden more likely to unite the country. Also talked to friend about Obama and was told that Obama sold out the left by failing to bring in proper universal healthcare when he had mandate and majority in 2008. But apparently Biden will get it done, especially if he picks a radical VP. (Which he hasn't, this conversation was before Kamala Harris being picked. How anybody could have thought Biden would pick a non-establishment VP is beyond me).

I do find it interesting how the media message of Bernie being extreme even resonates with people who essentially agree with him. How somebody can think that Obama sold out on healthcare, but then support his former VP for president over a guy who wants to introduce universal healthcare, is interesting.

Comment

Oh, the general overlap between those urging us to shut up and get behind Starmer/Biden who spent years howling down Corbyn is a sight to behold.

Comment

Zoe Williams is by no means the worst. but this is pretty embarrassing

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1303324640044109827?s=20

Comment

Is she gaslighting or trying to convince herself?

https://twitter.com/ZeroAlphaMonkey/status/1303314524603383809?s=20

Still she's got a job at the Guardian and Dawn Foster hasn't (after she wrote a column which criticising Tom Watson

Comment

just found myself contemplating the phenomenon of Martin Daubeny - not that I imagine he's anyone's mate. From editor of loaded, to Brexit party MP, now advocaiting that his Twitter followers subscribe to the Daily Express Brexit newsletter.

Comment

It's not really much of a "from", is it? Loaded was loathsome.

Comment

It's also not much of a "centrist" either, is it? If the Daily Express and the Brexit party are the centre then we really are fucked.

Comment

He was a Blairite, apparently. Red Ed too much for him tho.

Comment

Ah - that'll be not having heard of most journalists then. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                                    X