Noel Edmonds and the banks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noel Edmonds and the banks

I've just spent ten minutes searching in vain for the Noel Edmonds thread (I remember one poster writing "in 1981 no-one died, in 1982 no-one died...")

Anyway, I couldn't find it in World or Film & TV, possibly because everything was so cleverly cryptpic that none of my search terms match the text.

Whatever, I thought followers of that thread might be amused by this news, from frivolous UK legal website rollonfriday.com:

http://www.rollonfriday.com/TheNews/...0/Default.aspx

Have to say, he went up (a tiny bit, and from a very low base indeed) in my opinion a little in my opinion when I read that. He's an appalling individual of course for all sorts of reasons, but he clearly represents a class of victims with serious grievances on this fraudulent bank branch management saga, and it's nice to see an individual sticking two fingers up to bullying threats from big law firm litigators acting for banks.

Spearmint Rhino on Flares?

Comment

Nothing in that makes him any less of a cunt in my eyes,the accusation of being involved " in the death of my countrymen" is particularly creepy when you see the name of the man he's accusing

Comment

This probably belongs in the "WTF?" thread, but like Noel and Blobby, it deserves a bigger audience.

Short version: he has moved to New Zealand, and we should all be grateful. Also, everyone can fuck off.

'You're the enemy': Noel Edmonds' cycleway rant and a meeting of conspiracy theorists | Stuff.co.nz

Comment

I never understood how someone so clearly dislikeable was welcomed into the nation's living rooms for so many years.

There was a nice profile of Lenny Henry on ITV the other day that served as a reminder that back in the day the real kids were shredding their throats trying to break the record for the longest "Oooookkayyyy" rather than greedily trying to offload a set of Connect 4 (almost complete) in exchange for a Death Star, like senior Serco executives-in-waiting.

Comment

He seems to fit the profile of celebs who tip over into conspiracyland. Bit of a superiority complex and also nowhere near as influential or "important" as he used to be.

Comment

Should I have laughed at this?

when the World of Crinkley Bottom collapsed, Mr Edmonds claimed still to be owed his £1m fee. In turn, the council began legal action blaming the failure of the attraction on Mr Edmonds' lack of interest and, more improbably, Mr Blobby for his lack of corpulence, bizarrely accusing Mr Edmonds of supplying an underweight Mr Blobby to the theme park. ​
              https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...co-698665.html

Comment

Ah, Blobbygate. I was in Lancaster for the whole time that was happening. The whole thing started when Edmonds switched on Morecambe's Xmas lights with Mr Blobby, and there was a crowd of 15K instead of about 750, and the Labour councillors (who were facing a somewhat poujadist revolt from a group calling themselves the Morecambe Bay Independents who alleged that since the loss of their own council in 1974, the town's fortunes had declined, what was needed was a reversion that that state of affairs in order to correct it) seized on this show of support as the possible tourist catnip that could revive the Morecambe economy (spoiler alert: it didn't). They didn't realise how ephemeral the whole thing was, not least because the leader of the council was a deeply unworldy academic whose cultural life extended to classical LPs.

Comment

Working...
                X