Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MsD View Post
    And then there's borshcht.
    That's true. Borscht can look quite pretty and jewel-like compared to the murky horror of leftover pickling liquid.

Comment

TLMG sometimes makes a side dish of roast beetroot with feta, which is filling and very, very tasty. Bit of oil and black pepper and you're sorted.

She will insist, however, on telling me all about her pink wee afterwards. The massive weirdo.

Comment

I do quite like pickled beetroot in a nostalgic sort of way in cheese sandwiches.

Comment

The trouble with nostalgic cheese sandwiches is that they're never as good as you remember them being, etc.

Comment

A lot of things are cheddar in hindsight.

Comment

Things ain't what they used to brie.

Comment

We gotta get gouda this place.

Comment

You feta believe it, Gero.

Comment

I'm sick of these cheese puns, the kind of people who think them up must be emmenthally deficient.

Comment

I spent AGES trying to work 'emmenthal' in. Still, tons of puns.

Comment

The thing about cheese puns is that you're Edam-ned if you do...

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                          I'm sick of these cheese puns
                          So am I, they're all more cheesy than, I don't know, May and Hayes playing together for Northampton Town (10 years ago) for instance, those two never quite cut the mustard.

Comment

One advantage of beetroot as opposed to cheese is that at least you can gruyere own

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                              One advantage of beetroot as opposed to cheese is that at least you can gruyere own
                              Lettuce know how you do it, I'm curious.

Comment

Look, I’m very fondue puns too, but in Käse you forget, you can go rind and rind ’til the caws come home.
                                Last edited by ChrisJ; 12-04-2018, 15:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                  I can't even remember what beetroot tastes like.

Possibly because it isn't a foodstuff. It is something that security consultants booby trap metal cases with so that armed robbers will never be able to spend the cash that they have stolen. Ask Martin Lee.
                                  Was that the thing with the lock-up in Penge? Or was that Mike Moran?

Comment

Had beetroot in a curried chicken thing tonight. It's nice. Also works sliced thinly and roasted in the oven (we roast the leaves as well with a load of salt and pepper, and eat them like crisps). And I stuck some in a Thai yellow curry a few months ago (which turned it into a Thai purple-pink curry, a new invention of mine) and it was gorgeous. Added a touch of sweetness to go with the spice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                      (we roast the leaves as well with a load of salt and pepper, and eat them like crisps).
                                      They also serve soda water & bitters to children and tell them it's 'coke'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                        Vinegar is okay when applied - moderately - to chip-shop chips, of course. (Ketchup we should all have outgrown by the time we leave our teens, obviously.) Chucking Sarson's all over French fries (or similarly-styled potatoes) is just grim - both to taste and witness. I'm trying to ween my ten-year-old daughter off this habit, but without a great deal of success thus far...

As for that so-called 'sauce' dreck in which the Scots insist upon drowning their fish, words fail me. Why anyone would want to obliterate the subtle flavour of a fresh piece of cod by submerging it in what resembles four-week-old dishwater, I've no idea.
                                        Saw this Jah, and I thought of you. Just glad only West Fife is infected with the Sauce

https://mobile.twitter.com/KaptainKu...97492221489157
                                        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 28-04-2018, 04:03.

Comment

That map is bizarre, as if there's a hard border between Middlesbrough and Stockton on chips.

Comment

Indeed. I'd have never imagined there was a southern outpost of mushy-peadom in Oxfordshire, nor in Cornwall for that matter.

Comment

Tiny sample size skewing things I think.

Comment

Working...
                                              X