X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    London written in Roman graven letters would be good - show its Roman roots
    See, to me that thought instantly conjures this:

Which for me at least can only mean the closing credits of Quantum Leap, as in this very video.
    Last edited by Various Artist; 23-03-2018, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
      Oh my crikey, I don't think I'd ever twigged before that the 'ribbon' forms the shape of the Thames (...backwards?) before.
      It's not backwards, it's just a shorter and more westerly portion of the river (roughly Waterloo to Charlton) than in the EastEnders credits, which unsurprisingly show it further East (Southwark-ish to Thamesmead.)

Comment

Oh, yes, thanks Fussbudget – the Southwark bend gets sort of ironed out a bit in the logo, just to the west of the big meander around the Isle of Dogs, but I see it now so I've got my bearings again!

Comment

If in doubt go full gun I say:

In fact, I don't say.

Comment

They missed out Paddington and I don't understand why the moustache from bottles of Bigode wine is included ... Other than that, good effort.

Comment

What's the story with the hot air balloons?

Comment

Now I think of it, I am less than certain that the whole of Britain is really just part of London.

Comment

It isn't?

Comment

Two deerstalker hats seems excessive, and only three pound signs seems to be underplaying to cost a bit. And as for the cabbie who got caught on Tower Bridge when it was opening, I'm not sure what to say.

Comment

Thinking about London through the ages and even up to this present day, it's really got to be a vampire squid, or nothing. I mean it's a lovely place in lots of ways, and quite a nice place to live, but really it's a place for the rest of the world to fear. It was absurdly late before it no longer needed a steady stream of people from the provinces to keep the population static, it was so dangerous and unhealthy a place.
                      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 24-03-2018, 13:39.

Comment

Working...
                      X