Moscow on Thames: Neva say Neva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moscow on Thames: Neva say Neva

My repurposing of the Arafat thread to discuss the Skripal poisoning has proven misguided given the volume and pace of developments, so here is a stand-alone thread to continue the discussion

Police open formal investigation into Glushkov’s death

Police have launched a murder investigation into the death of the Russian businessman Nikolai Glushkov after a pathologist concluded he died from compression to the neck, suggesting he may have been strangled by hand or ligature.
    Last edited by ursus arctos; 17-03-2018, 11:32.

In that case, I'll repost the link what I put up on it

Comment

Spasibo

Comment

LONDON (Reuters) - The military-grade nerve toxin that poisoned former Russian agent Sergei Skripal was planted in his daughter’s suitcase before she left Moscow, The Telegraph newspaper reported, citing unidentified sources.
        Not saying this isn't true, obviously, but if I wanted to sell a load of rubbish story to a newspaper, I'd sell it to them.

Comment

The previous claim was it was put on the door handle of his car.

Very bizarre interview with the Russia Ambassador on Channel Four News tonight.

Comment

I felt a bit bad for laughing at that interview, and at the Moscow voxpop “if you want to poison someone, best to do in hidden way, maybe” “he is traitor, so is fair, I think”.

Comment

[pedantry]The Neva runs through St Petersburg[/pedantry]

Comment

Comment

Ursus, could you edit the OP to include a link to the old thread?

Comment

I follow the Moskva
                    Down to Gorky Park
                    Listening to the wind of change
                    An August summer night
                    Soldiers passing by
                    Listening to the wind of change

Who knew that German poodle rock would provide useful geographic knowledge?

Comment

I find this piece of finger pointing less than convincing. I'm sure the interviewee knows his business about nerve agents, but there are more possibilities for administering it to a victim than he seems prepared to believe.

Comment

Ursus, could you edit the OP to include a link to the old thread?
                        Done.

Comment

Is this slight reprise of the Arctic weather the Aftershock from Vladivostok*?

Also

Knee-trembler from Novaya Zemlya

Putsch from Irkutsk

Blitzin' from Tsaritsyn**

* 'Stronghold of the East'

** later Stalingrad now Volgograd

Comment

Knee tremblin' in the Kremlin

Comment

I've been had in Leningrad. Not for a while, though.

Comment

by Stalin's dad?

I was kicked in the gonads in Leningrad.

Comment

Thursday 1% chance of survival.
                                  Friday she has arisen. It's really an Easter miracle.

The Russians want consular access to their citizen, who decides on this?

Comment

The citizen?

Comment

That should be the fundamental principle and is a reasonable reading of the text of Article 36 of the relevant treaty, though I wish it was more explicit.

Comment

Skripal poisoning: deleted Foreign Office tweet leads to awkward questions

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...y_to_clipboard

Boris said there was proof it was definitely Russia but now it's not as certain.

Corbyn appears to be in a stronger position by being cautious but of course he'll get no credit for this as it's glorified appeasement.

Comment

From what I can gather, it wasn't expected that this analysis would prove Russian government provenance, or that it could.

Corbyn rowed back from his doubts, I think, after McDonnell and Thornberry didn't back him up.

Worse than the "erroneous" tweet was Johnson talking rubbish. He ought to be sacked over this.

Comment

Aye, it was that bumbling cunt talking up the tests that needlessly makes this look like a “false-flag” to the twitter massive. They don’t have a Russian sample to compare against. This was to establish the agent used.

Comment

Johnson talking rubbish. He ought to be sacked over this.
                                              This rings a bell. Can't quite place it. Oh, yeah. Every fucking month since he became foreign secretary.

Comment

US imposes new Russian sanctions.

Deripaska is one of the individuals.

Comment

Skripal is now out of danger, it's a miracle. Is it Russian Orthodox Easter?

Sadly the cat and guinea pigs didn't make it.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X