Tubby's Username

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tubby's Username

I thought it was a pun referencing Tubby Hayes and Isaac Hayes, but today I was reading Tim Moore's book on Monopoly locations and read about Moore visiting an establishment by that name in Whitechapel.

Have any other posters had username misapprehensions?

I don't know about misapprehensions, but I wish I'd got to Stumpy Pepys before, well, Stumpy did.

Comment

Oh, and Do Not Pass Go is a great book. If you enjoyed it, give Nul Points a go; even if you're not a fan of Eurovision (and I'm not, especially), it's a very funny and engaging read.

Comment

There's a Tubby Isaacs fish stall on Walthamstow High Street, and every time I see it I imagine someone behind the counter banging on about old cricket and Brexit technicalities

Comment

So by the time I went to his stall in Aldgate it was Solly who ran it; it mentions 'the Walthamstow stall' in that article, and I never knew there was one, which is a shame as I was working there quite a bit before Christmas.

Comment

There was also a recent horse called Tubby Isaacs.

I'm adding a routine about the 3.30 at Thirsk to my old cricket repertoire.

Comment

ITV did a pleasant series based on Don't Pass Go, IIRC, sacrificed in the slot opposite East Enders.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                Oh, and Do Not Pass Go is a great book. If you enjoyed it, give Nul Points a go; even if you're not a fan of Eurovision (and I'm not, especially), it's a very funny and engaging read.
                Totally agree. Some of the nul pointers have survived better than past winners, due to having had other career options and lack of domestic competitors in their field. Occasionally it gets grim, like the one who was stitched up for prostitution and the Brits who were sent in with no back up, their management not even prepared to buy an ear-piece. Moore does his research well. Wogan comes out of it quite badly.

Comment

Working...
                X