Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyday racism - Nottingham Trent University

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-43328566

Two men have been arrested after a video of racist slurs being shouted in university accommodation emerged.

But wtf?

She said: "It shouldn't have [taken] such a long delay when I reported something like this.

"I just want the appropriate action to be taken."

NTU said it was "shocked and appalled" to see the video and was investigating "as a matter of urgency".

"We are also working with our accommodation partner to understand why the university was only alerted to this on Wednesday evening after this was reported to them in the very early hours of Tuesday.

Appalling, obviously - however, I don't fully understand that last sentence (which perhaps is your point).

I'm assuming that it should read something like 'the university only alerted the police on Wednesday evening after this was reported to them in the early hours of Tuesday...'

Comment

I took that to mean that the accommodation is managed by an outside company and that the delay referred to was between the contractor being made aware of the situation and them alerting the university.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
        I took that to mean that the accommodation is managed by an outside company and that the delay referred to was between the contractor being made aware of the situation and them alerting the university.

How I read it too.

ALMOs eh?

Aren't they brilliant!

Comment

Working...
        X