No announcement yet.

Internet stuff that makes you happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They tend to err on the side of "portly," don't they.

Comment

Bloody hell, pikas are cute.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchmonkey View Post
        Backpacking above the treeline in the Sierra Nevada as a youth, we saw a ton of yellow-bellied marmots:

Hey, whaddya mean you didn't get the guns, ya numbskull? Have I gotta do everything myself?

Comment

Originally posted by scratchmonkey View Post
          Backpacking above the treeline in the Sierra Nevada as a youth, we saw a ton of yellow-bellied marmots:

The well-known campground Mineral King in Sequoia and Kings Canyon has much smaller marmots, but they are plentiful enough and have a taste for radiator hoses and car wiring. It's crucial that anyone parking there spread out a tarp underneath their car and tie it up to protect the undercarriage, otherwise a very expensive tow truck would be needed.

Wrapping the outside with chicken wire used to be common, but the sneaky devils figured out how to get in through that.

Comment

Just in case anyone is wondering, Inca's post is not a joke. It looks like satire, like the stuff about catching haggises as they run round Arthur's Seat. But it's actually true.

The photo Inca shows is the official one from the National Parks Service website

Comment

For fans of 3dBotMaker's races down Race Mountain, the next tournament will be classic stock cars:
              ​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...CsayN8owCo67Yd

And Jelle's Marble Runs have teamed up with Formula E to produce a fully branded Marbula E race.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                Bloody hell, pikas are cute.
                Oh yeah. My wife went nuts over them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                  And Jelle's Marble Runs have teamed up with Formula E to produce a fully branded Marbula E race.
                  No Greg Woods unfortunately.

Comment

Press play them click the fullscreen icon

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 19-04-2020, 18:46.

Comment

The classic stock cars tournament has begun and the first two groups are crashbangwalloptastic.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MattLCapon/status/1256486822957514752

Comment

First two events in Last Marble Standing are up, it's basically the Marblelympics but with only 6 teams based on milk, so fairly entertaining. There's a gratuitous jab at Fulham in episode 2. Graze of Glory (for the name) is my chosen team in this one.

Comment

I'm a The Freshers fan for that one.

Having been too late for all the marble stuff before, I chose to ignore it. Today I caught up. It's been seven hours of watching marbles do stuff, but it's been great!

Comment

Just come across this thread on Twitter - it's fantastic:

[URL="https://twitter.com/samd_official/status/1271093419268624385"]https://twitter.com/samd_official/st...93419268624385[/URL]

Comment

That has made my day. Cheers

Comment

https://twitter.com/isshinashina/status/1276861878141169670

Comment

Paul McCartney makes mashed potatoes:

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                      Paul McCartney makes mashed potatoes:

That's possibly his best work in the last 40 years

Comment

Still enjoying the Marble League, even though my team is not having a good time of it this year.
                                        You know things aren't really going your way when you record the fourth fastest time in history and still manage to come bottom of your first round heat of four teams.

Comment

Comment

That's absolutely fantastic.

Comment

Just discovered this, and it is the most joyous thing I've come across in ages:

Blob Opera
                                              "Create your own opera inspired song with Blob Opera - no music skills required! A machine learning experiment by David Li in collaboration with Google Arts & Culture"

https://artsandculture.google.com/ex...AAHWrq360NcGbw

Works really well with touchscreen or mouse.

I think the pleasure is probably also aided by the fact that the blobs 'singing' look rather a lot like Berk from The Trapdoor:

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                                ...look rather a lot like Berk from The Trapdoor:
                                                Sold.

Comment

That is remarkable.

Comment

Yep, love that. I'd give it a second 'like' if I could for bringing the giggling foxes back to the top of the board.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X