No announcement yet.

Internet stuff that makes you happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering the entire club is entirely fictional...

Comment

Dolly Parton's Twitter, today. I don't think this code works, but here it is.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Get you a woman who can do it all <a href="https://t.co/sG4OHpVgxM">pic.twitter.com/sG4OHpVgxM</a></p>&mdash; Dolly Parton (@DollyParton) <a href="https://twitter.com/DollyParton/status/1219681321762656256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

https://twitter.com/DollyParton/status/1219681321762656256

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
          Considering the entire club is entirely fictional...
          Didn't stop them ending up on HIGNFY.

Rory Stewart offered to help them out when they went on Twitter and reported a dog muck problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Their match programme from the Dynamo Catford game is a work of art.
            It is great. I was moved to mention Vaughan Crisp's Piss Christ boots on the Mundane Thread the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Didn't stop them ending up on HIGNFY.

Rory Stewart offered to help them out when they went on Twitter and reported a dog muck problem.
              Well, I wouldn't have exactly expected a Tory MP to be in on the joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                Oh my crikey, I could lose hours watching that – thanks Kev.

Oddly, since this isn't the first time I've mentioned marbles on this thread, this reminds me I should flag up the glorious Jelle's Marble Runs channel. He has several brilliant variants of marble-based 'competition' including Marble Rally. The crowning glory though is the annual MarbleLympics – which unfortunately has had to be recently rechristened just 'Marble League' after (I shit you not) the IOC threatened him with some sort of cease-and-desist notice over the name. About to start, meanwhile, is his latest addition, Marbula 1.

Keep an eye out for the fight in the stands, incidentally...

My teams of choice are the Oceanics and the Chocolatiers, just for the record.
                I got hooked on this in the summer - I'm a Mellow Yellow fan.

Comment

Fantastic! We should put them in our OTF sidebar profiles, shouldn't we?

Comment

Yes, cheers for this VA, really good stuff. Initial sympathies with the Limers ('It's Lime Time!') but I could be swayed.

Round three of the DRC is up now and it's a belter.

Comment

Hmm, watching a few more, the Limers do appear to be crap though.

Comment

Hey, you can't go changing your team just because they're a bit lower-division you know Kev. There's enough glory-hunters in the marble sports world as it is.

(Lord knows I wouldn't be a Chocs fan if you could...)

Comment

From what I watched last year, the Yellows were a mid-table team. I can live with that.

Comment

Hey, you can't go changing your team just because they're a bit lower-division you know Kev. There's enough glory-hunters in the marble sports world as it is.

(Lord knows I wouldn't be a Chocs fan if you could...)
                            I'm a bit gutted now that the Limers fans chose to invade the pitch in anger after the team came 6th in the balance beam. That was actually the highpoint of the 2019 League. Surely the anger should have been directed at the way Limelime snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the funnel race pool match? He was last down funnel 2 (and hence winning) but then went crazy and overtook the whole field.
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Don't worry mate, you'll get properly into the "No-one likes us, we don't care" mentality if you stick with them for a while.

That was a shocking performance in the funnel 'race', though, definitely. (The event is clearly misnamed: perhaps it confuses some competitors, who have a brainfart and think they have to charge to the finish? It ought to be called Funnel Endurance, or Hang Tough Spirals, or something.)

Comment

VA is an evil bastard for destroying a big chunk of my weekend by posting the MarbleLympics link.
                                I'm also a little worried by how intently I was supporting my chosen team through it (Green Ducks, if anyone's interested).

Comment

Oddly, since this isn't the first time I've mentioned marbles on this thread, this reminds me I should flag up the glorious Jelle's Marble Runs channel.
                                  These are fantastic. Thank you very much, VA. I had no idea that this was out there.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                    VA is an evil bastard for destroying a big chunk of my weekend by posting the MarbleLympics link.
                                    I'm also a little worried by how intently I was supporting my chosen team through it (Green Ducks, if anyone's interested).
                                    *evil cackles*

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                    These are fantastic. Thank you very much, VA. I had no idea that this was out there.
                                    Another one of us! Another one of us! Another...

You're all very welcome. I look forward to seeing your favoured teams appear in your sidebars.

Comment

I'm with the Rojo Rollers. I've got no choice but to pick the red ones for consistency's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                        I'm with the Rojo Rollers. I've got no choice but to pick the red ones for consistency's sake.

You'll need to change your OTF name then.

Comment

Hah, beat me to it NS. Great to have you on board, 3 4CR.

Comment

By the way all, have a look back at some of the previous years' MarbleLympics if you get the chance. The year-on-year rise of the production values is truly a sight to behold. The inaugural games had a visible human finger flicking open the starting gates, for instance, whereas ever since it's been 'automated', and the way the graphics, music, stadium, commentary, everything have been upped is quite amazing.

And if you haven't checked out his other marble sports yet, I recommend the Sand Rallies or the snow versions thereof, the courses for which are quite remarkable feats of building for what must be a very temporary use. As they're individual rather than team-based events it's slightly harder to get behind a favourite, but on the other hand there's the long-running saga of competitor Red Number 3, who is not technically a marble and hence the subject of more prolonged controversy than the Russian doping programme*.

(* of humans, I mean, not marbles)
                                            Last edited by Various Artist; 28-01-2020, 15:54.

Comment

There's enough glory-hunters in the marble sports world as it is.
                                              This is awkward. I was leaning towards the Raspberry Racers before I learned about their story. Because we ate raspberries all the time back when I was a child, in the raspberry belt.

What the hell, it's not like supporting an unsuccessful team will make me less boorish or better informed.

#RaspberryRobust

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                Yes, cheers for this VA, really good stuff. Initial sympathies with the Limers ('It's Lime Time!') but I could be swayed.

Round three of the DRC is up now and it's a belter.
                                                Round four
                                                https://youtu.be/pulNh8ta9JA

Comment

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1223651987759255558?s=20

Comment

This obviously

[URL]https://twitter.com/dodo/status/1222534870007762945?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X