No announcement yet.

Internet stuff that makes you happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent the marbles one to a friend, he sent me back this - may have been put somewhere on OTF before, but it's still a joy.

Comment

Comment

Here's some footage from San Diego Safari Park of a mother and baby rhino galloping around having fun. The baby is a 22 day old Southern White Rhino, and the first one born using artificial insemination, the science of which is creating the potential prospect of being able to use the same technique to save the Northern White Rhino

Comment

There's a friend of mine who has a tendency to make very corny and obvious jokes on Facebook, etc - to which I always feel compelled to post this in lieu of a 'b'doom tish':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1R8...bqfwuMo9f_UdW8

Comment

Dick Van Dyke (aged 90) singing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in a Denny's with friends.

Comment

I'm currently addicted to a YouTube channel called StewMac. There's an older guy on the channel called Dan, who repairs guitars. Even if you've no interest in guitars, it's totally absorbing.

Comment

I'm addicted to those repair and restoration channels on YouTube at the moment. I'd say My Mechanics, TysyTube and Odd Tinkering are all worth a recommendation.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...gz-vCWhI_DD01A

3dBotMaker (channel linked above) has created a 'Diecast rally championship'. First two rounds are up.

Comment

Internet stuff that makes me happy?

otf

Comment

The Superdickery website.

Comment

Requires basic understanding of French.

Comment

Just bloody lovely, that is

Comment

I'm currently in a capybara phase (who isnīt at 43 years old?) My girlfriend was advised of this and did me a calendar of said rodent for Christmas. It's my cat's 10 year birthday tomorrow (well since he chose me to be his food slave when I got him from Battersea), but in spite of this momentous occasion I'm off down to the Donkey Sanctuary in Devon for the fifth time. This time I've paid for an 'experience'... Oh, and I love pandas.

So apart from cats, donkeys, capybaras and pandas (not to mention wombats, echidnas, koalas, dugongs/manatees and narwhals) Iīm normally a voyeur on OTF and the Total Rugby League forums and spend happy hours on Seat61.com and the British Newspaper Archive as I trawl through match details of my rugby (then union now league) team from 1873 to 1895.

If you've never stumbled upon these websites and have an interest in London then I recommend:

https://collage.cityoflondon.gov.uk/

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=19&lat=51.5141&lon=-0.1043&layers=163&b=1

I'm much more interesting in real life. One thing Iīve discovered during this post is that animal plurals are a fucking minefield...

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              Just bloody lovely, that is
                              Even with limited French, seconded.

Comment

I never get tired of Shovel Nirvana

Comment

Streatham Rovers on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                                    I'm currently addicted to a YouTube channel called StewMac. There's an older guy on the channel called Dan, who repairs guitars. Even if you've no interest in guitars, it's totally absorbing.
                                    Without even looking, thats Dan Erlewine, isn't it? I've seen a few videos of theirs, having discovered them via the truly astonishing footage of his cousin and colleague Mark Erlewine 'repairing' Willie Nelson's ancient and spectacularly battered guitar Trigger, which is held together by glue, sawdust and willpower. Willie refuses to countenance a replacement or actually fixing it properly in any conventional sense, so Mark's role as regular carer for it is to maintain it at a precise state of disrepair whereby it keeps its unique character without ever quite actually falling apart:

The Erlewines are also related to Michael and Stephen Erlewine, the people behind reviews website Allmusic.com – I think Michael might be Dan's brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...gz-vCWhI_DD01A

3dBotMaker (channel linked above) has created a 'Diecast rally championship'. First two rounds are up.
                                      Oh my crikey, I could lose hours watching that – thanks Kev.

Oddly, since this isn't the first time I've mentioned marbles on this thread, this reminds me I should flag up the glorious Jelle's Marble Runs channel. He has several brilliant variants of marble-based 'competition' including Marble Rally. The crowning glory though is the annual MarbleLympics – which unfortunately has had to be recently rechristened just 'Marble League' after (I shit you not) the IOC threatened him with some sort of cease-and-desist notice over the name. About to start, meanwhile, is his latest addition, Marbula 1.

Keep an eye out for the fight in the stands, incidentally...

My teams of choice are the Oceanics and the Chocolatiers, just for the record.
                                      Last edited by Various Artist; 24-01-2020, 00:48.

Comment

As others have said by others, OTF is a prime candidate for this thread in my book.

And these three wonderful places dotted around the globe:

Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary - providing lifetime homes for senior dogs. Please consider bringing one of our wonderful "old friends" into your family!

Comment

So what am I doing wrong? If I use the Link button I'm only able to add one per post:

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Trin View Post
                                            I'm currently in a capybara phase (who isnīt at 43 years old?)
                                            Capybaras are excellent. Even down here – inside their native range – everyone loves them. Before they closed Buenos Aires Zoo, the only enclosure that didn't have either thick bushes/trees or a brick wall between it and the city outside was the capybara enclosure, and it was always a pleasure to walk past. There are also a couple of closely related species which basically have a free run and live wild in some of the city parks, although they keep to themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                              I never get tired of Shovel Nirvana
                                              I was hoping that was going to be pictures of favourite shovels.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                                Their match programme from the Dynamo Catford game is a work of art.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                                  Is it true they've been highlighted as a terrorist organisation by the Met, or is have they set this up themselves?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X