So, Revolut then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Revolut then

Anyone used this? Need to travel abroad a few times in the next six months and it seems an ideal replacement for those Cash Passport cards that I usually use. Seems legit, but then the website goes one about cryptocurrency which sets off a few alarms.

Never heard of it before but having checked it out it sounds appealing. Could be of value to me too

Comment

Could be of interest for us too, especially with the card & IBAN.

I use Transferwise regularly, the rates of exchange are also very good and the fees extremely low - we have saved a substantial amount over the last year or so, compared to the bank fees I've been hit with in the past for currency transactions. TW does offer bank details (account no. with sort code, BLZ, or the equivalent) in some countries but does not offer the same range of functions as Revolut, as far as I can tell. Fine for us though, as we are using the service to transfer cash between bank accounts in various places. Either way, both services make it much easier for self-employed people to do business with customers in various countries - the easier I can make it for people to transfer money, the quicker I get paid for my translations...

Comment

I got one for a holiday last year, can confirm they're legit. Haven't used it much since then, but if I remember rightly there's a limit to how much cash you can withdraw abroad (something like £200/month), but not if you're paying directly by card.

The crypto-guff they just added relatively recently, it's essentially just another currency you can convert money into, but it's hidden away with all their other offerings (travel insurance etc) on the app, so it's easy to ignore.

They just sent me an email with a free signup for family & friends offer (normally £5) the other day, so shout me if any of you want that fired over.

Comment

Originally posted by Gawpus View Post
          I got one for a holiday last year, can confirm they're legit. Haven't used it much since then, but if I remember rightly there's a limit to how much cash you can withdraw abroad (something like £200/month), but not if you're paying directly by card.

The crypto-guff they just added relatively recently, it's essentially just another currency you can convert money into, but it's hidden away with all their other offerings (travel insurance etc) on the app, so it's easy to ignore.

They just sent me an email with a free signup for family & friends offer (normally £5) the other day, so shout me if any of you want that fired over.
          Yes, that would be good. PM'd. Cheers.

Comment

Just PMd back - having read the email they sent, it's just an open offer, so as long as you (or anyone else) sign up before Sunday the card's free.

Comment

Working...
            X